Chapter 16

Dean's POV

I watched Castiel run away, no idea where to though. I sat their crying under the bleachers like a baby. He left me. He actually left me. I can't believe this. I never knew my heart could be broken into this many parts. This is why I never get close to anyone. This is why I always have my guard up. When he left, he took a piece of me with him. What am I gonna do now? I can't forget him. I love him. I'll always love Castiel Novak. Always. Quit blubbering like an idiot, Winchester. Get up and be strong like you always do. I shook my head and wiped my eyes off. I'm going to try to get through the day and then cry more over the weekend. I get up and walk to my class. I run my fingers over my lips. I'm never going to kiss Castiel again. I'm never going to feel him on me again. I'm never going to taste him ever again. I let out a whimper, about to cry again. I take a deep breath to hold myself together. I put a blank, hard expression on my face as I walk into class. "Where have you been, Mr.Winchester?" My teacher asked. I sighed, "Doesn't matter. I'm here now." I sat down with eyes following me and ignored everyone in the room.

During 4th period Jo sat down by me. "Dean, what's wrong? I know you.." I shook my head, holding back all emotion. "Nothing, Jo. I'm fine." I said coldly. She crossed her arms and then noticed my struggle at keeping calm. Her expression softened. "Dean? C'mon.. Tell me.." I closed my eyes and held tears back. I started choking on emotion. "I'll - I'll tell you later.. I gotta go." I got up and walked to my Impala. I sat in the front seat and hit the wheel. I laid my head on the wheel and let the tears I was holding back, choking on, out. "C-cas.. Baby please.." I let out. I dried my face again and drove home the long way. When I got home I ran up to my room. My dad was at work but mom was home. "Dean?" She said. I slammed my door shut. Not too long after I heard a knock. "Dean. What's wrong? What are you doing home?" I threw myself on my bed, "go away!" She walked in anyways and sat on the edge of my bed. She rubbed my back. "What's wrong, Dean?" I sat up and rubbed my puffy, red eyes. "Is it Cas?" She asked. I nodded. "What happened?" I put the palms of my hands on my forehead. "We broke up.. I don't want to talk about it right now, mom." She nodded and kissed the top of my head. "I'll be downstairs, baby." She walked out and closed the door. I sat up against my wall that my bed was pushed against. I turned on ACDC as loud as it would go on my earbuds.

Sammy walked in my room later on with food. "Here." He said as he handed me a bacon cheeseburger that my mom made. I took it and sat it on my bed. "Thanks, Sammy." I said. He looked at me, "I'm sorry about Cas.." I nodded and he walked out. Me too, Sammy. Me too.

About 2 weeks later I had gotten out of the sad stage and started the destruction stage. Monday evening my parents and Sammy went out for a while. I had skipped school. I went downstairs into my dad's study room. I got in his cabinet and took out a bigger than normal bottle of whiskey. I looked at it and nodded. I went back up to my room and opened the bottle. I sniffed and took a swig, "For you, baby..". I started taking bigger and bigger drinks. Getting more and more intoxicated. "All for you..". I grabbed my keys and the whiskey bottle and went to the impala. I sat in the drivers seat and started the car. I took a big gulp and yelled. I put the car in gear and started driving. I shouldn't be drinking and driving. Oh well. I started driving out of town, getting even more drunk. I turned on some tunes and yelled out my window. I wasn't yelling anything in particular, just yelling. I took the last drink of the whiskey and threw the bottle out of the car, the glass shattering everywhere. I took my eyes off the road to see if I happened to have anything else to drink hidden in my car. I didn't. By the time I looked back at the road it was too late. *CRASH* A big semi-truck crashed right into my side of the impala. The car flipped over on the side of the road. The semi kept driving, not bothering to check on me. I felt blood running off of my head. I reached my hand up and touched the gash on my head. I winced in pain. I couldn't move my left leg, it was caught under the car. I felt dizzy all of a sudden and my vision started blurring. Not too long after, ambulances arrived. Someone must have seen the accident. I saw lights flashing everywhere and unfamiliar voices all around me. My head was swarming. "Cas.. Cas... Cas.." I mumbled out. I closed my eyes, the last thing I remember hearing was, "Hurry! We're losing him!!"

Am I dying?

They got me out from under my car and preformed CPR on me. They broke two ribs while doing so, then rushed me to the ER.

"Where's my son?!", my mother yelled as she walked into the ER. "Ma'am. Please. Are you Dean Winchester's mother?"

"Yes, I am. What happened?"

"He was highly intoxicated and was driving. He got in a crash and ended up upside down on the side of the road. They thought he was dead, but they got him back. They're examining him now. We'll call you as soon as we can, Mrs.Winchester." The nurse explained to my mom. She nodded and sat in the waiting room nervously with my dad and Sammy. A few hours later a different nurse came out, "Mister and Misses Winchester? You can see your son now." My mom raced to my room and saw me unconscious. "He's just asleep." The nurse reassured her. I was all cut up from the glass of my windows, my head was wrapped, and my leg was in a cast. Sammy put his hand to his mouth, John looked at me, and Mary said, "Oh, my baby.. My Dean.. I'll - I'll be right back." She took her phone out and walked out into the hallway.