Chapter 2

Castiel's POV

When I woke up, I pulled my blankets off of me fast. They scraped my freshly cut scars. "Fuck.." I whisper.

Time for school. Great.

Maybe I'll see those beautiful bottle-green eyes today. Maybe the smile that goes along with them. Wait. Why am I thinking about Dean? Its 5 fucking AM and I'm thinking about a boy. I'm not even gay. I don't think i am atleast. I've never had the chance to find out if i like girls or guys. Maybe I am gay. Maybe the people at school are right. I shouldnt be thinking about this. I should be getting ready.

When I get in the shower i accidently let shampoo get on one of my open cuts, "FUCK". I wash it out and hurry to get dressed. I put on my jeans and a t-shirt and throw on a hoodie to cover my arms. When i look at my phone i see that theres a new message. Who could that be? I don't talk to anybody. I open the message and read, "Hey faggot. Just a reminder that you are completely and utterly stupid and useless. I bet your dad is happy he is dead, this way he doesn't have to see what a disappointment you are!"

Crowley. I know it's him. Great. Already getting a head start today. I let one tear fall down my face before bucking up and going downstairs.

"Good morning, Castiel. Would you like something to eat?", my mother asked. Shes never up this early. And she never makes breakfast. "Um no. I gotta get to school.. bye." I walk outside and get in my car.

I don't have a horrible home life. I mean, my mom loves me and my siblings. And we arent exactly poor. My father was a famous preacher and made a shit load of money. All of it was left to us. I actually have a pretty big home. My brothers fight with each other a lot. I'm usually left out of everything that goes on. It's okay though. Another thing I'm used to.

When I get to school I park my car and sit inside for a minute. When I look up I see a 67' chevy impala parked next to me. Dean is staring at me. He got out of his car and walked over to me and waited for me to get out. "Hey Cas. Hows it goin'?" he asked. "Im fine." a total lie,"How are you, Dean?" He shrugged and say,"Same as always." I smile and start to walk inside. Dean ran to catch up to me, when he got to my side I looked up and saw Crowley staring at me intenly. My eyes got wide and i stopped walking. "Cas? Whats wro- oh. Thats Crowley?" His face got hard and started to walk right towards him. "Dean! stop it!" Dean stopped at looked at me. "just stop. its not worth it, okay?"He shook his head and we walked inside. Crowley didn't do anything to me. Why? Was it because somebody was with me?

Dean was willing to fight for me. Why?

"Dean.." I peeped up, "you were willing to fight Crowley for me.. nobody has ever done that.. Why?" Dean smiled and looked at me, "You're my friend, Cas. I'd do anything for my friends. You're also my first friend here." Friend? Friend? Did he just call me his friend? Huh. He did. Friend. I like that. "I - I'm your friend?" I said in amazment. Dean laughed and patted me on the shoulder, "Yeah. You are. If you want to be that is." I shook my head yes and said. "Of course i do. I've never had a friend before.." I looked away and smiled.

"Okay class. We are starting a project today. You are required to pick a chapter from the book and create a lesson for the rest of the class. Presentations are in three weeks. I will pair you up in partners. Jenny and Phil, Ash and Jo, Charlie and Garth, Dean and Castiel, Noah and Maddie.." She kept going until everyone had a partner. I turned to Dean and he was already smiling. "C'mon let's work in the back corner."

He grabbed my wrist and winced and pulled away. "D-don't do that again.." I walked over to the corner and saw Dean eyeing me as if I'm hiding something. Which I suppose I am. "Which chapter do you wanna do? Polynomials?" Dean asked. I shook my head yes, "Yeah, polynomials are good." I go to get my text book and notebook out and when I set them on the desk, my sleeve was pulled up a little. Dean saw the slight bit of skin and grabbed my arm and pushed the rest of the sleeve up. His eyes got really wide and his mouth dropped open. "C-cas.. Wh-what happened? Why? Cas.."