He squeezed his way into the hole, nearly yelling in pain when he touched his injured paw the ground. Crowpaw was overjoyed when he saw a large collection of cobwebs. Using his uninjured paw, he collected a bunch of them and began clumsily applying them to his wounded paw. The blood quickly soaked through the cobwebs, but he kept applying as much as he could.

He kept this up until there was a thick layer of cobweb on his paw and he couldn't see anymore blood. However, his paw still burned and felt hot. Crowpaw was exhausted from the pain, and groaned at the idea of walking anymore.

The hole he was in was cramped and cold, but anything was better than walking another step with his injured paw. Crowpaw curled up in the tight space, his back brushing up against the stone wall uncomfortably. However, the most discomfort came from his paw. It felt hot and throbbed with pain, he could barely focus on anything else.

Sleep did not come easy, and when it did the pain followed him into his sleep. He woke up several times during the night due to the burning cut in his paw. How can I travel like this? He questioned, staring out the hole into the night sky. I can barely walk and I don't know how to treat it, I'm not a medicine cat!

Crowpaw feared infection, without any herbs he would just have to let his paw remain the way it was. Crowpaw closed his eyes, wincing at the intense pain. I can do this. Crowpaw told himself. I didn't come this far to be stopped by an infection. Crowpaw's mind was starting to ease. I can do this...

Crowpaw continued his journey the next day, his paw wrapped tightly in cobwebs and still incredibly painful. Despite his pain, Crowpaw needed to continue. He wanted out of the twolegplace, it was a hazard for more than just other animals. He kept a close eye on the ground, looking for anymore of the sharp crystals that cut his paw.

Crowpaw found the outskirts of the twolegplace, looking for the exit. Luckily, there were a lot of holes in the wooden wall and Crowpaw found an easy way out. Crowpaw looked around him, the twolegplace now behind him.

For quite a while, all Crowpaw could see was hills and plains with a few scattered twoleg nests about. Crowpaw felt his throat burn, he hadn't had much of anything drink he said farewell to the river that he called home for a moon. The only thing he had drank from was puddles.

Crowpaw walked along the outside of the wooden wall, looking for more water sources but not finding any rivers or ponds. He felt slightly nervous, if he was going to be living with an infection he would need to find water and food. Prey. Crowpaw thought with a wince. How can I hunt with an injured paw?

Crowpaw knew he could hunt fish with one paw, but he would also need a river. Crowpaw decided to go towards the direction he last saw the river. He limped through the field, avoiding the twolegplace and any strange scents.

Crowpaw quickly found that limping was a much more exhausting way to travel and his uninjured paw quickly grew sore and tired now that it was doing the work of two. Despite this, Crowpaw grit his teeth and continued.

Crowpaw travelled all day, moving much slower than he would've with two perfectly fine paws. He hated the progress, but it had to be made. Crowpaw also had no sign of food or water, and he was starting to crave both. His stomach ached and his throat was dry, he wouldn't stop until he got what he needed.

Things only got worse for Crowpaw when the heat rose, making the desire for water even stronger. I have to keep going. Crowpaw told himself, refusing to stop. Water can't be far, I can feel it. Crowpaw began to stumbling and he started to pant. His pelt burned and his paw ached more with each step he took.

StarClan please help me. Crowpaw prayed, hoping that StarClan could hear him from this far away. I need you. He begged.

As if StarClan heard him, Crowpaw heard the trickling of water. His ears instantly went up and he started tracking the sound, finding a brand new energy that forced him to move quickly.

The trickling was coming from inside the walls of the twolegplace, he placed his eye up to a crack in the wood and noticed a small, strange looking pond with water flowing down a slope of smooth stones. It's good enough. Crowpaw thought and found an entrance into the twolegplace.

He looked at the strange pond, it was small and dangerously close to a twolegplace but Crowpaw really couldn't find the energy to care. He bent his head down and began lapping up the water. It was icy cold and instantly soothed his dry mouth and throat. He lapped up water for a long time, until there was water dripping from his chin. The water didn't solve his hunger or the pain in his paw, but now that he had one less thing to worry about they weren't as bad.

Crowpaw slipped out of the twolegplace once more and continued the way he was walking. He knew he wouldn't be able to catch any prey, but he kept his nose up high just in case. If I come across any prey...I'm certainly going to try and catch it. Crowpaw kept searching, but struggled to find any scents over the smell of the twolegplace beside him.

The sun was starting to set overhead, and Crowpaw really didn't want to be caught out in the night with an injured paw. He wouldn't be able to outrun anything, he had to find shelter.

As much as he hated to admit, Crowpaw knew that his best chances of his shelter were in the twolegplace. He groaned once before slipping into the twolegplace once more. His guess was correct as Crowpaw quickly found a set of shelters similar to the one he stayed in back near MoonClan territory.

He curled up inside one, his paw throbbing and hunger gnawing at him. I'll find something to eat tomorrow. For now, I just need sleep. Sleep resisted, but Crowpaw forced his mind to rest and did his best to ignore the pain that now spread through his entire body.