Nudging the door open with my foot, I focused on the tray to make sure I didn’t spill any juice before I softly shut the door behind me, grinning as Paige was still asleep. She had dragged my pillow down to her stomach and was now spooning it, furrowing her brows at the sunlight that steadily crept into the room.

My wolf whined a bit, nudging me to place the tray down and pull the covers away before I nuzzled the swollen skin there, giving it a tender kiss. Tingles rushed through my scalp as delicate fingers rubbed through my hair. “I hope you pups listened to me and allowed your mom to sleep for a bit?”

“Hmmhmmm…” Paige hummed before stretching herself as much as she could, given her condition. “One of them takes great delight in kicking my kidneys if I roll on my back though.” She said before sucking a breath through her teeth. I smiled and rubbed at the protruding bulge.

“I have a feeling that one’s going to be a handful.” I said with a laugh before looking up at my mate. She still had a sleepy haze in her eyes but she seemed well rested for now. Leaning forwards, I tenderly brushed my lips against hers, smiling as she flushed slightly. “Morning Paige.”

“Morning.” He said, pecking my lips once more before she crawled out of the bed and quickly waddled towards the bathroom. I bounced off the bed and quickly spread out her breakfast on the small table before I heard a small gasp coming from the bathroom.

I nearly knocked everything over as I dropped the last glass and rushed towards the door, nearly running against it before I caught myself and slammed it open. Paige had a hand supporting her belly and the other splayed on the wall as she stared at the floor in shock as I rushed inside. I followed her look and noticed a puddle of water but it didn’t quite penetrated through my mind what that exactly meant. Since when did we have a leaky tap in the bathroom?

It wasn’t until Paige gasped slightly and shot me a smile full of happiness, anxiety and a hint of worry that I felt the blood drain out of my face, my wolf already yipping and howling through the link.

“I-is it…?”

At a nod of Paige, I quickly scooped her up in my arms and layed her back on the bed, “Don’t you dare move a muscle, I-I’ll go get the doctor, j-just stay there.” She chucked and shook her head as I dashed out of the room, nearly breaking my neck as I tripped over my feet and had to catch myself on the banister before mom came looking at all the noise I made.

“Jacob, what-“

“Paige, her water broke, she, I…It’s too soon!” Mom patted me on my shoulder and pushed me towards dad as he gruffly said, “Jacob, you know multiple pups always are born a bit too soon. They’ll be fine. Trust me. Now take a deep breath, calm down a bit and go get Anna. Tell her she’s needed her along with the twins and then get the packdoctor, okay?”

I was already running off before he had finished his sentence but I managed a curt nod as I shifted and dashed through the yard. Little tufts of dirt flew up as I pushed myself to be as quick as possible, tracking Anna’s scent down to a group of woman before I realized that my wolf had now full control. Damn it!

Doc. Get your ass over to the packhouse this instance! Paige is going into labor!” I barked through the line before chewing out a “Please.” at the end. Meanwhile I had to convey somehow to Anna that Paige was going into labor and that she was needed at the packhouse this very moment.