“Now don’t you go and wake up while I’m downstairs okay? I’m getting you some food. Love you.” I whispered, feeling a flutter in my chest as a sleepy smile slipped on my mate’s gorgeous features before I slowly slipped out of the room.

As soon as the door closed, I leaned my forehead against the cool wood for a second before I made my way downstairs. I passed several of the pack on my way down before I bumped into Damon, who smiled warily and guided me towards the kitchen, where mom and dad were fluttering about.

I grimaced a bit and shook my head slightly, knowing exactly why they were walking on eggshells around me. One of the pack doctors had mentioned that it was a possibility that Paige and the pups were under such stress that the pups might have suffered from it.

The man was forced to run for his life since I shifted on the spot, snarling and foaming as I snapped my teeth at him. How dare he insinuate we could’ve possibly lost a pup to Lucius and his vile creatures?

Eventually the doctor had managed to take an ultrasound and gave us the liberating news that the pups were fine. What he first thought to be scarring was in fact a small error in the machine. He apologized for giving us such a scare and even know, my wolf was extremely agitated and annoyed around the man.

Maybe we need some new doctors in the pack…

“Jacob.”

I blinked, looking down at the plate of food being held out to me before I took it, smiling gratefully at my mom. “Take a seat dear, you need to eat something as well.” I started to shake my head but my mom wasn’t taking it and pushed me down on a chair and placed the food in front of me.

“No, Paige-“

“-Is sleeping and she won’t be waking up anytime soon. You need to eat as well and keep your strength up, because trust me, you’re going to need it.” Damon added with a cheeky wink, coming back into the room with one of his daughters on his arm. She had already reverted back to her human form and way cooing softly, staring up at her dad with pale blue eyes.

At my confused frown, Damon, walked closer as he cradled his daughter against his chest with a soft smile. He smiled down at her and nuzzled her nose, gaining a gurgle as he explained, “I love these little ones to bits but man, they sure have a set of iron lungs at night. You better prepare yourself for a few nights without much sleep and getting up for your mate.” He chuckled slightly as Hannah grabbed his finger and refused to let go. I chuckled, trying to clean off my plate as quickly as possible.

“You know, I hate being in your shoes later on, having two daughters and all.” Damon’s smile turned into a frown as he looked down at Hannah. “Haven’t really thought about that yet. Don’t you dare find a boyfriend Hannah, you hear me?”

Isabella shook her head slightly as she glanced at the baby over Damon’s shoulder, muttering something of overprotective dads under her breath. I chuckled before I pushed my plate back and patted my stomach, smiling as mom was already busy preparing breakfast for Paige.

I laughed as Damon was still telling his daughter not to get any boyfriends in the far, far future and decided to leave him there. TO be honest, I pitied the guy who would lay eyes on Hannah or Judith. Damon’s background as a hunter would most likely be used to scare the poor kid off.