*****

“Time is what keeps everything

from happening at once”

-Ray Cummings, The Girl in the

Golden Atom

****

DARYA P.O.V

December 2010,

MY PAPA, Marvin, Third-in-command of Regal pack was killed. He had gone with the Alpha, Frank Norwood, to the Elegance Pack territory, now occupied by the rogues, to avenge the Alpha heir’s death. Mom was devastated and I didn’t know how to help her.

February 2010,

I joined gymnastics class.

November 2011,

It was my eleventh birthday and the first one without my papa beside me. That night, I also shifted into my wolf for the first time. I am a huge black wolf with red eyes. I don’t know why I shifted but I do know that my whole body was in pain after that shift. I was also scared that I would remain in my wolf form for the rest of my life when I couldn’t shift back on my own.

August 2012,

I learnt I could control the element Earth. The plants, the trees would move as I wanted them to. The ground could crack or even form a wall, if I wanted it to. I was happy to receive that gift from Mother Nature. But it was also the first time I watched someone dying right in front of me.

December 2012,

I came to know I was adopted. The ones who I called mom and papa were not my parents at all. I was named after my biological mother who died while giving birth to me. My whole life so far seems like a big fat lie.

January 2013,