Part 8: The Talk

The morning after that was awkward. Katrina asked if they could go back to New York and Gerry agreed. She didn't say much and Gerry didn't want to piss her off with talking about what happened.

"Thank you, Gerry." Katrina said after Gerry dropped her off her apartment.

"I'm sorry." Gerry said.

"It's okay, I just. I just need to fix myself. I know you're confused too. I just need time." She said.

Gerry agreed with her. He needed time to. No doubt, they both still want to continue on with seeing each other but they'll have to have time apart to think about their next move.

Gerry went home and he noticed that the house was very quiet. He dropped off his suitcase and searched for Lucy and Lucas.

"Lucy?" He called out.

A few seconds later, Lucy came out of their room and went into the kitchen. Gerry came near her and kissed her on the cheeks. Lucy seemed very cold. Gerry could feel it.

"Gerry, we need to talk." Lucy said.

Gerry was surprised. All sorts of questions was running through his head. He thought that Lucy knew his infidelity.

"I want a divorce." Lucy blurted out.

"What?" Gerry said. Gerry was in complete shock. True, he was feeling distant from Lucy but he never though about divorce.

"We've grown apart." She explained.

"Are you serious about this, Lucy? What about our son?" He asked.

"He'll understand." She explained.

"Lucy, don't do this." He pleaded.

"Gerry, I need time for myself. I feel so trapped. I know you are too. I never got the chance to do the things that I wanted to." She said.

"I could give you time. You could do all of the things you want to. Come on, Lucy." He said.

"It's too late, Gerry." She said. She started crying.

"Oh baby, don't." Gerry said and went towards her and hugged her. He still loves his wife. He cares for her.

"I need this, Gerry, please. I'm not going to change my mind. We could still be friends, I mean, we could do that right?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure. But I'm not comfortable about this." He said while wiping the tears off of her face.

"We're just not the right one for each other, Gerard." She said.

She hasn't called him that in a very long time. This was serious. He was thinking about Katrina. They could be together now but he still felt guilty. He had to tell her.

"I'm seeing someone." Gerry said.

Lucy was silenced by Gerry's words. She looked at his eyes. She knew he wasn't lying.

"I admit, I'm hurt, but I can't argue with you, we don't see each other much, we barely make physical contact and we're not giving each other the same attention like we used to. Gerry, I forgive you." She said.

He felt a sense of relief.

"I'm sorry, Lucy." He said.

"I'm sorry that I gave you a reason to see another woman." She said.

Gerry started to feel guilty and slowly tears started to fall down his eyes. He realized what he loved most about Lucy, she was a genuine person.

"Lucy, I'm the bad guy here. I cheated on you. I made you look like a fool. I'm sorry, Lucy." He said.

She touched his face and reached to kiss his forehead. "It's all right, Gerry. I forgive you." She said.

"Thank you, Lucy, thank you for setting us both free." Gerry said. As he said those words, he felt his heart sting. He didn't feel happy at that time because he was finally free. He was sad. He realized all of the things that Lucy has. She's a great person and he took her for granted.

They hugged each other and kissed for the last time. Lucy took her car keys and decided to stay at her mother's for a while before flying to LA with Lucas. Before she left she held Gerry's hands and said...

"I love you, Gerry." She said.

"I love you too, Lucy."

~~~~~~~~~

Too carried away that I cried.

Whaddup guys?

Comment and vote!! :)