Part 2: Lucy

Lucy took the plates to the sink after Gerry was off to go to his business meeting. She started to fix her son's lunch for today. This was pretty much her everyday life.

She didn't had much of a fun life before Gerry. She was a boring girl. Always studying, home before 5, doesn't drink and was pure. She never chased boys unlike all the other girls.

Lucy fell in love with Gerry right after he said "Hi." to her. She never thought Gerry would pursue her after graduation. She never felt appreciated until Gerry came in. She was head over heels for him. Gerry was perfect. He was all of the other girl's dream guy. She felt so lucky to have him.

They've been married for 10 years. Half of those years, they were so happy all the time. They would go away every weekend. Gerry was home every night. She was happy, they were happy. But then Gerry started to go on business trips, a month or two away from home. They started to drift apart.

Lucy doesn't have much friends, her family was in Boston. They lived in New York. Gerry and their son Lucas was pretty much her life. She wasn't complaining but she felt like she wasn't getting much out of life.

Lucy started to feel alone. She felt less and less appreciated by Gerry as time passed by. She wasn't worried that Gerry had another woman because that wasn't Gerry. He was very faithful to her through the years but he just wasn't there.

**

"Mom, you okay?" Lucas asked his Mother.

"Yeah, I'm good. You good to go, sweetie?" Lucy asked her son to change the topic.

Lucas nodded and Lucy gave him his lunch and kissed him goodbye as she saw his school bus was outside their house.

Lucy was left alone again with a pile of dirty dishes and a bunch of laundry to do. They didn't want to get a house help because Lucy was there all the time and Lucas is 10 already.

After doing the laundry, Lucy sat down to watch tv. This was all that she does every single day since day one. She was starting to get sad and feel bad for herself. She loves her family, no doubt about that but sometimes she just wants to take a week off and just enjoy herself with the pleasures of life. She wanted to go away for a while.

**

Gerry got home late. She didn't mind. She was awoken by the sound of Gerry's car entering their driveway. She honestly didn't care and it surprised her. She pretended to ask Gerry about his meeting. Gerry told her they'll talk about it later instead since he was too tired from work.

The next day, Gerry was set to go to Vegas. She prepared his stuff, his clothes and everything. Then she prepared them breakfast. She pretended to be there when clearly she wasn't. She felt guilty about what she thought about the other day when she wanted to take the week off from her life.

Gerry left after having breakfast with Lucas and Lucy. Lucy hugged him tightly. Gerry gave her a kiss and took his bags and a minute after he was gone for Vegas. And after a while, Lucas was off to school.

By then, Lucy was all alone again. Feeling empty inside. She though about how much she wanted to try all of the things she haven't. Then she smiled, thinking it was a foolish idea. The thought off leaving Lucas for a week was insane.

She then turned on the Tv like she used too, hoping to watch something very entertaining, then she came across a good movie, she sat there quietly enjoying herself.

~~~~~~

I hope you guys are enjoying so far. I'm so excited to write about this more.

Keep commenting and voting!!!! :)