Chapter twenty two

Regina opened her eyes and felt shaky and clammy. Emma shot from her chair. "You're awake!"
Regina felt her head pound. She moaned slightly and held a hand to her head.
"Regina you have to call rumple. Anna's sick." Emma said.
Regina shot up. She felt blood soak her bedding as she pulled her stitches in the process. Her head pounded. "What?!"
"We don't know what illness it is. It's nothing like the illness that's spreading through the kingdom." Emma said.
Regina felt nausea flow through her. "Rumple!" She cried.
"You called?" Rumple asked in the corner. He saw the blood. "What the hell happened?!"
Regina shook her head. "I'm fine. It's not me."
Emma walked over to him. "She's not fine but her daughter is extremely sick. She needs your help."
Rumple glanced at Regina. He nodded. "Okay. I'll help. Get mother superior in here." He snapped and disappeared.
Emma laid Regina Down on the bed. "It's okay. He'll help her."
        Mother superior was already opening the door when Emma went to go get her. She walked over to the bed. "Look who's awake. Miss hero herself."
     Regina glared. "Don't call me that."
     Mother superior began to fix her up. "You have a fever so please try to rest. As much as you don't want to, you need the rest."
Regina shook her head. "Make sure Anna's okay." She said. Tears slid down her cheeks and she didn't even try to hide them.
Mother superior looked at regina. "I'll do my best. Emma watch over her. Keep her resting. I'll go work with rumple and I'll see what I can do." She said and walked the door.
Regina watched her leave and she let out a shaky breath. "I just met her Emma. I can't lose her."
Emma sat down on the bed. "I know Regina. I understand."
Regina narrowed her eyebrows. "How? How on earth could you understand?"
Emma caught a breath in her throat. "I can't-"
Regina raised her eyebrow. "What Emma? What are you hiding?"
Emma shook her head. She stood up. "I can't tell you." She said.
Regina stood up. Her body protesting. "Is that so? You can't tell me?"
Emma shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Regina get back in bed."
"No. I don't think so." Regina said. She walked shakily to the window. "I'll have to go find out the truth myself if you don't tell me."
Emma narrows her eyes. "Get in bed regina. Now."
Regina opened the window and cool air blew in. She pulled herself onto the window seal. "Still won't tell me?"
Emma took a step forward. "Think smart regina. Get down."
Regina pulled her legs up and froze. A high pitch squealing came from the forest. She turned to the woods. "Did you hear that?"
Emma walked over and pulled the window shut. "Hear what? Get down." She said and pulled regina down.
Regina allowed Emma to lead her to the bed and she looked out the window. "You didn't-" she shook her head. "Never mind." She sat on the bed. "Emma I seem to have bled through my bandages. Would you get the items needed to rewrap my wound?"
Emma narrowed her eyes but saw blood. Regina wasn't completely lying. "Fine. Stay in bed." She said and walked out of the room.
Regina pushes the covers off and ran to the closet ignoring The pain. She pulled warm clothes on and a cloak. She put boots on and ran to the window. She opened it and eyed the tree branch near the window. She closed her eyes and dove for the branch. She felt her hands grab the branch and she climbed down the tree. Her body was shaking with pain and exhaustion. Regina heard the horrid high pitch noise again from the forest. Regina pushes herself forward. She had to find out what is was.
If Emma couldn't hear it that means Regina was chosen to hear it. She has to know why.
Regina pulled her hood on and looked back at the castle. Maybe while she was gone she Could also find the truth about Emma.