Chapter six

Regina felt the wound tear open. She let out a whimper unintentionally. David held his dagger but he made no move to hurt her.
    Snow pushed him away and saw her shirt. The blood soaked through. "You're injured."
      Regina kept close to the wall. Tears pricked her eyes.
    "Regina are you feeling well?" Emma asked from outside the bars.
    On cue the nausea returned and this time Reginas couldn't stop herself. She moved away from snow and David and emptied the rest of her stomach. Her skin was on fire and her side burned.
      Snow knelt beside Regina. Regina flinched away as snow lifted her shirt. "Regina this isn't good. I've never seen anything this infected. We need mother superior." She said. David made no move.
     Snow looked at him. "Now!"

     Regina shot up from the bed and threw up in the basin Emma had held out in front of her. "She's throwing up blood! Where is he? They should be here by now!" Emma said and pulled Regina's hair out of Her face.
      Snow walked over to Regina's side. "It's a blizzard out there Emma! Calm down. They'll be back."
     Emma sighed and pressed a cool cloth to Regina's forehead. "I should have been there with you."
     Regina winced and looked at Emma. "No you should have been."
      Emma sat on the bed. Carefully so she didn't move Regina. "I could have at least helped."
     "I should have paid attention. I knew I got cut but I didn't care if it got infected. I didn't think about it." Regina said.
    Emma sighed and stood up. She walked to the door. "I'm going to Go wait for them."
    "Emma? In case you haven't realized something," Regina slowly sat up. Snow looked at her. "I want to die."
       Emma dropped her had from the door. "W-why? Regina you made mistakes. We can't blame you for all of them. Most of the mistakes you did as teenager. Practically still a child."
     Regina shook her head. Tears rocked her eyes. "You don't get it emma. I've hurt so many people. If I died at least my blood could be used for something good."
      Snow raised her eyebrow. "Then why did you hide?"
      Regina looked at snow. "I was scared! Wouldn't you be? I want to die but not with people hunting me. If they would have left me in the snow then I would have died alone. Peacefully. Without a fight."
     Emma saw Regina start to tremble. Not from fear or anger. Emma walked over and held a hand to her forehead. "Regina? No one wants to die alone. And I'm not letting you die."
      Regina said nothing. The heat from the fever made her feel like she was walking through a room of fire. The pain from her wound had grown to much. Now the pain was so bad she felt almost numb to it.
     Emma laid Regina down on the bed. She watched her close her eyes. "Please watch over her. I'm going to wait for them." Emma said.
     Snow nodded and walked to the bed. She sat in a chair beside the bed. "Regina? If it makes you feel slightly better. I don't want you to die."
     Snow sat with Regina for an hour or so. "I'll be back Regina. They should be here by now."
     Regina opened her eyes and saw snow leave the room. Regina was left alone. She sat up slowly and sucked in a breath. Her head spun and she felt sick but she forced herself to her feet. She pulled open the window after she managed to walk over. Regina pulled herself over to side of the window and dropped to the ground below.
     Regina wrapped her arm around her stomach and walked into the woods that led to the village. She stumbled and clenched her teeth. She froze and turned around. That wasn't a stick that and had tripped over. She knelt come and brushed the snow aside. David was laying on the cool ground. His skin cold and he was Breathing shallowly. She looked around and saw mother superiors cool body a few feet away. She heard a soft neigh and turned. The royal horse was looking at her from behind the trees. "Come here love." She said in a gentle voice. "Come here."
     The horse walked over to her slowly and Regina saw an arrow had struck him. She stood up too quickly and ran to the horse. "Who did this?" She asked softly.
     She closed her eyes. This would drain almost all of her energy but she need to heal this horse so she could get David and mother superior to the castle. She felt her magic leave her body as she healed the horse. The arrow dropped to the ground, as well as Regina as her energy left as well.
     Regina took a shaky breath and pulled David over. The horse knelt down a if to help her. Regina threw David into the horse with as much force as she could Muster and she pulled herself to her feet. She walked to mother superior and the horse walked over. Regina stumbled as are put mother superior onto the horses back. Her head was spinning and she saw that she had ripped open the wound. Her blood was red against the bright white snow. She lifted her shirt and quickly dropped it. Her hands were shaking. Her injury did not look good.
    The horse nudged her. Regina patted his head and knelt down. She was drained. "Go to the castle." She said.
     The horse didn't move.
      "I said go!" Regina said loudly. The horse neighed in protest and shook its mane.
     Regina closed her eyes. "Just let me die here."