Confession x.

Two months it had been. Two months since Michael walked away from the heartbroken blonde boy. Luke was forced to abandon the tour to take care of Matilda and her- their baby. He wasn't entirely stoked, seeing as he didn't want to be the father of a child. Not yet, anyway. But he was raised well, and knew better than to abandon a pregnant girl. It was the lowest thing a man could do. He refused to become his father.

The last three weeks of the tour were canceled, and they would have been even if Luke didn't abandon the boys.
Michael refused to show up at the venue if Luke was there, and without Luke or Michael, it wasn't 5 Seconds Of Summer. Of course, people got their money back but they were still awfully disappointed.

So Luke sat in the waiting room of the maternity ward, waiting for Matilda to return from the front desk. She insisted that Luke waited, she hated being an inconvenience to him, which she really wasn't. He wanted to help her.
He needed to.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings?" the receptionist called his name and looked at him through her glasses. Luke grumbled something about hating his name before stalking to the desk. "You'll have to accompany your partner as she has her appointment."

"Alright," Luke faked a smile as he observed the elderly lady's name tag. "thank you, Missy (played by Betty White)." she was confused as to how he knew her name, but shrugged it off.

"Luke," Matilda started, "thank you." she paused, looking up to the tall blonde boy. "For everything."

"No problem." Luke sighed. "I have nothing else to do, and this really is my pleasure."

¥meanwhile¥•

With a half-empty beer bottle in his hand, the carrot-orange coloured hair boy groaned as a pain erupted in his stomach. Did he need to throw up again? Yes, he did.

Michael was hung over again. The 38th time, since he left Luke. But they weren't just headaches to be fixed with aspirin. They were migraines, stomach aches and he would throw up. Drinking was all he could do to forget about the beautiful eyes Michael had fallen in love with. Yet, somehow, it didn't really work.

Being on the other side of Sydney to Luke was a problem.
He was in Parramatta, and Luke was in Riverstone. Back home with his mum. Michael couldn't drive over there and apologise for overreacting. He was never sober, and he was scared of facing his problems. Like every guy.

Michael hadn't moved from his couch other than to eat pizza, go to the bathroom or get a new bottle of beer in a month. The other month was mainly partying and sex. With men and women. It was all pointless. Just to distract him from Luke. But he was forever missing him.

He glared at the wall. Why him? With one swift movement, he threw his beer at the wall. Smashing and staining. Fuck it. He thought.

"Michael?" he heard the familiar, gruffly voice erupt from the door of his flat. He wasn't in the mood for anyone. Not one person.

"Go away!" Michael slurred. He needed to get a new beer, but he remembered that he was out. "Shit." he added.

"Michael, let me in!" he now knew that it was Ashton, the voice now small and soft.

•¥meanwhile¥•

Luke bit down on his nails, worriedly looking at Ashton as he banged on the door.
"Michael, let me in." his voice was soft.

"No." Michael sounded wounded. Weak. It was heartbreaking. "No one cares about me anymore. No one!"

"I do!" Luke blurted, slapping his hand over his mouth. His eyes were wide, and he regretted saying anything.
Well, he totally regretted coming here in the first place.

"Ashton?" Michael muttered after moments. "Wh-who was that? Was it.. him?" he sounded so broken, Luke had to do something. But he felt as though Michael hated him. Why would he need help from the one who lied to him? Well, more like didn't tell him the truth.

"Yes. Michael, it's me. Please. Let me in." Luke had his head against the door, and loose tears dropped to his feet.

"Why?" Michaels voice wasn't as distant as the last time he spoke, it was as if he was literally closer to the door. Luke could hear sobs - Michael was at the door, and the thought of being this close to his best friend, whom he was indeed in love with, sent shivers down his spine.

"Because," Luke started. "Because I'm sorry for being an ass. And I'm sorry for being rude. And I'm sorry for not telling you what happened. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

With a frown, Michael hesitantly opened the door. He sighed when he saw the state Luke was in - the perfect quiff was on point, his muscles were showing off with his muscle shirt and his legs were hugged by the skinny jeans Michael loved.

But, seeing the condition Michael was in made Luke want to cry. "M-Michael.." Luke embraced the slightly shorter 19 year old, ignoring the smell of cigarettes and beer. "You look.."

"Awful." Michael uttered the words feebly. "I know. Yet you look amazing. How? If what we had was real.. how could you be fine?"

Luke frowned at Michael's newly formed tears and he shook his head, embracing him once more. "Trust me, Mikey. I'm not. I'm definitely not okay, baby."

Ashton started to tear up, quickly excusing himself so the two tall guitarists could cry together. Luke couldn't handle himself, and left a lingering kiss on Michaels lips.

"I love you Michael." Luke cried. "I'll never let you leave me ever, ever again."

-

Oops last chapter hehe

You guys have no idea how sorry I am for the late update, but I've been packing and busy with homework - end of the school year = lots of tests and assignments.

Also, thank you so much for the amount of reads and followers I've gained. If you're not following me, can you go do that now? You don't have to, but it will inspire me to continue to write.

I want to see if I can reach 40k by the time I upload the epilogue.

BYEEE

-kaitlyn