Cemetery Drive-Tenya Iida

A/N: I know this is like my third songfic but I can't help the fact that these are fitting and my brain works the way it does. Are you guys enjoying these, though? Don't be afraid to comment! All feedback is appreciated! Also, this book just hit 100 reads so thank you all so much. 

IMPORTANT-ish... This takes place when you all are outta high school and are pro heroes and all that.

Tenya's POV!!

She wasn't supposed to be out that night. She didn't even have to spring into action like that. I was close and on patrol, a lot of heroes were. That was such an admirable thing about her, her selflessness and spontaneity. I wish I could forget just a little more about that night, but still I remember every small detail. 

She was wearing the dress that I didn't like, but she still always looked beautiful. I wish I treated her better. She deserved better.

 It was the day of the dead, a Mexican holiday. A lot of people were drunk, for some odd reason. People always tend to get drunk on holidays that are from other countries, like saint Patrick's day. Why today? Just... Why?

It was so nonsensical. A small purse snatching that even a civilian could've taken care of. But still Y/N took responsibility of it. The person ran into a cemetery, which was still pretty crowded due to the holiday. Somehow Y/N still caught up. I wish she didn't. I would've gotten everything that was in that purse, the purse itself and then more just to still have her around.

It was all so fast. When I saw her I was overjoyed but then terrified so quickly. It was a drunk driver, she was on the sidewalk, the purse snatcher was a little ahead. Why was she the one who had to get hit? Why her. She didn't deserve that.

The driver had swerved and hit her. Like it was personal. Like she hasn't done anyone any harm in her entire lifetime. The crash was so... violent. My heart dropped the moment the car had even swerved in her direction. I almost fainted when it actually hit her. She was just so focused on doing the right thing and getting that thief she hadn't even noticed me, nor the car. She had crashed over the hood but the driver still knocked over at least one grave before fully stopping. I was so paralyzed and in shock that a civilian called 119 first.(A/N: Japan's # for America's 911, gotta stay culturally accurate) But I did end up getting me and he closest friends there fast enough, I can't even believe I was comprehensible enough for them to get the message. She was all that mattered, the one life that I should have saved but wasn't fast enough to do so.

The ambulance came quickly. So did Tensei, Izuku and Shoto. They let us on the ambulance but Y/N wasn't fully awake, more like stirring. As soon as we started moving in the ambulance she woke up and let out a groan of pain. 

Izuku was freaking out and asking the paramedics a bunch of questions, Shoto was in complete shock looking down at Y/N's cut and broken body, I was just holding her hand tight and Tensei was more worried about me than her. Though she was at her weakest she still managed to pull me down and plant a kiss on my lips. The collision was hard and rough and even those she's dead and gone I can still feel it.

The ride seems so long, but the hospital wasn't that far. I think we all started crying when she flatlined the first time (Izuku was already) and I wonder if it would've been easier for all of us if they didn't revive her and spared the feelings of us and the surgeon who did have to break the news to us that she died on the table. I wonder if she wanted me to grieve because I did. If she wanted me to cry like Izuku, I would've.

Grief hit me hard, so did denial, and I'm not sure that'll ever stop. I won't stop lying to myself that every time I come home I should expect her on the couch, or a note somewhere that she had to head out even though when the reality hits. And when it hits, it feel like death. I wish there was another way to describe it...

The funeral was the worst. I felt so weak from the crying and so alone without her, even though I was surrounded by my closest friends.

Heroes who die in action get mausoleum and even though she wasn't on duty her corporation gave her one. I go "missing" there, often. More like I submit myself to grief stricken alcoholism and end up drunkenly wandering there. I'm sorry for defacing you, Y/N, my actions disgust me, and I can only hope you got what you deserved in the afterlife... did you? One time they set up a search party, they had searchlights and everything. Shoto found me first, the first thing he said to me was,

​"We all miss her."

But you all are so stronger. I'm just way down a pit of despair that I locked myself in. It would be best for you all to just leave me here in the state I'm in because I don't think there's a way out. I just miss her so much it hurts.. 

A/N: I liked that, I'm proud of myself even though I wished I could have ended it differently. The song ends with Gee saying "way down" which is like the casket getting lowered but I already commented on the mausoleum so whatever, I hope you enjoyed it. Don't be afraid to comment preference ideas and/or character one-shots.

A/N: I liked that, even though I wish I could've ended it differently. At the end of the song Gee's saying "way down" meaning the casket getting lowered but I had already commented on the mausoleum, but it's whatever, I hoped you enjoyed. Don't be afraid to request a preference idea or a character and one-shot idea down in the comments.