Chapter 34

It's the night before the wedding and I can't wait for tomorrow to come. Caleb wouldn't change his mind about having a wedding in a week so he compromised with me and decided to have the wedding a month later. Everything happened in a whirlwind.  Its a good thing the invitation list was easy to set since we practically invited everyone in the land to come to our wedding. Almost everyone replied yes! 

Jessica and I decided to go to a wedding boutique when it came to finding a wedding dress. The moment we walked in I laid my eyes on one of the dresses that was on a mannequin. It was a V-line dress that was decorated with floral lace on throughout the whole gown. It was beautiful. After I tried it on, Jessica nodded her head eagerly agreeing with me that this was the dress. 

Once we got back to the palace, it was time to make sure that last-minute decorations were getting taken care of. Once everything seemed to be in place and ready for the morning, I met up with Caleb for our dinner date before we had to greet all the guests that have come from afar for the event tomorrow. 

Caleb and I had dinner in the garden with fairy lights strung up. He actually made the dinner and my mouth was watering after every bite. He made some filet steaks with green beans and mashed potatoes as our sides. Everyone for the night knew not to interrupt our dinner as it gave us a chance to take in what was about to happen. 

"How do you feel about tomorrow?" Caleb asked as he finished chewing on his last piece of steak.

Thinking back to the last year, I'm surprised by how much has changed. My brother is rebuilding our old pack, has a mate, pup and my dad and I are still as close as ever. "I'm very excited. I didn't think my life would change this much in such a short time." 

Caleb looked at me with worried eyes, "For the better. Don't worry King Caleb, I'm not going anywhere." With that reassurance he turned up the music, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, and took my hand and danced and kissed me until it was time to go to bed. 

We decided to go to bed in separate rooms today as a way to not see each other for the main event. I was upset to not cuddle with him one last time before we were married and I was the official queen. 

-Next Morning-

I woke up this morning to Jessica jumping up and down on the bed. 

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!!!! IT'S FINALLY YOUR WEDDING DAY!! WE'VE GOT A LOT TO DO TO GET YOU READY."

"JESSICA!!! GET OFF, OF MY BED, I'm UP." I yelled at her as I pushed her off the bed and she landed on the ground on her ass.

"You didn't have to be so brash your majesty." she winked at me. I rolled my eyes but continued to get up from the bed and walk towards my bathroom to take a shower. 

Once I got out of the shower and put on my white undergarments for under the dress I saw Jessica walk back in with her hair up in one of those pretty wedding buns and her make-up all done naturally. She was wearing the bridesmaid dress which was a simple navy blue gown with silver accents on the seems. 

Caleb and I decided to make our bridal party small, so therefore Jessica was my one bridesmaid and maid of honor and James was the best man. It felt better this way since we all had a close connection to each other and because of how many people were coming to this wedding. 

Jessica got me all set and ready with my wedding hair and make-up, pretty identical to hers in almost every way. We were laughing and drinking some champagne when Josh walked in. 

"Wow babe, you look gorgeous," Josh said mesmerized by Jessica. "Oh, hey Melody, you look good yourself." I rolled my eyes and punched him in in arm. "Thanks."