Chapter 4

I decided to take a quick nap after I had been chased for the second time. When I woke up it was dark outside and I was still high up in the trees. I quickly jumped from branch to branch until I was safely on the forest floor. I made my way back to the cabin. I sniffed the air and realized the cabin was still untouched. I turned away and started to head east towards Florida hoping I had lost my mate.

I quickly and quietly trotted through the forest being aware of pack boundaries and sniffing the air every once in a while for my mate. Maybe I shouldn't have ran away... what were the odds that Caleb would actually find me at the cabin... but than again, better safe than sorry...

I must have been lost in my thoughts for a bit too long because next thing I know I heard a growl behind me. I turned around expecting to be face to face with my mate, but only to be met by a brown wolf that was about the size of my wolf. Shit I must have passed over into a packs boundary. Right behind the brown wolf came a grey wolf and another brown wolf emerged in front of me. Fuck.... I thought.

They looked at each other probably using their mind link as a bigger brown wolf I didn't see came out in his human form wearing shorts.

"I command you to shift she wolf. We have been commanded by the Alpha King to capture you and keep you until he comes. He's on his way." He must be the alpha... shit my cover is blown. I was about to run when all three wolves started to attack me. I dodged each attack and sprinted across their territory. The much bigger brown wolf was gaining on me fast, but before they knew it I kicked it into full gear and left them in my dust. I was about to get away until I ran into something big and strong. I looked up only to see Caleb standing there. He must have been close by when those stupid wolves called to him.

"And where do you think your going young one?" I growled at him only to hear him laugh

"Ah.. my love, your growling doesn't intimate me.... Now shift." he said commanding the last part. Before I knew it his back up and the wolves I was running away from caught up to me and circled me until I was surrounded. Thinking about my situation I knew I could take them all down so I still refused to submit to Caleb.

"Stubborn I see.... my queen.. you can't take all of these wolves and I will teach you to submit to me." I smirked at him.. if he thought I couldn't take down all these wolves he had another thing coming for him.

Since I still refused to shift one of the wolves from Caleb's side started to come at me. I quickly and swiftly moved out of his way and bit a pressure point that made him go unconscious. I did the same to the two wolves that came at me next. I looked into my mate surprised eyes and once he regained his composure he shifted to his wolf and got in a stance to attack me. He motioned for the alpha behind him to come forward.

"ahh.. ummm. well he says to back down right now or else." I gave Caleb a dumbfounded looked to show him I wasn't scared. That must have made him angry because his wolf lunged at me. Stupid alpha.. I quickly moved out of the way and jumped on his back. I than bit his neck, not hard enough to kill him, but hard enough to put him to sleep. It didn't last long, but when it was all said and done, me and this so called alpha were the only ones standing.

"h-how did you do that?" he asked flabbergasted. I quickly smirked at him and ran in the direction I was heading in before and crossed the boundary and continued to get further away from my mate.

Caleb's POV

I woke up the next morning with a headache and my neck hurting. I noticed I was in an unfamiliar room. I saw Alpha Davidson in the corner and when he noticed me churning he walked right up to the bed.

"What happened?" Still out of it..

"Well.. sir... it seems that the she-wolf bested you in a match with one move."

"What!?!? that's impossible. I'm the alpha king... no one should be able to beat me."

"Well.... it seems she did and than she escaped. She didn't kill anyone, she just put y'all unconscious. By the way sir, if you don't mind me asking, why is she so important?"

"She's my mate and ever since I've met her two days ago she's either vanished into thin air or she's gotten away. She's very clever, strong and apparently a better fighter than me. Man she is something."

"Are you hungry King Caleb?"

"No thank you, I think me and my men are going to hit the road now and try to follow her. Do you remember what direction she went in?"

"Ya she was heading East and let me at least fill you guys up on supplies."

"hmmmm.. East. I wonder where she is heading to get away from me. Do you have any tranquilizer darts? and thank you Alpha Davidson."

"We actually do.... are... are you going to tranquilizer her??"

"If it comes down to that yes.. yes I am." Alpha Davidson left the room soon after so I could get my strength back and get my men together.

Everyone meet me outside in 30. I heard nothing in return so hopefully they got the memo.

30 minutes later we were outside replenished with supplies and a few tranquilizers. I thanked Alpha Davidson for his kind hospitality and finding my mate and then me and my wolves ran East. Once we got to the border I sniffed the air and picked up on her scent. I motioned to the guys who were trying to get a rest to follow and than all at once we were heading East to follow my mate.