Chapter 17

Melody's POV

I'm currently up in my room getting ready for my date with Caleb, but I can't stop thinking about what my dad told me after our fight.

------------Flashback-----------------

"I'm proud of you daughter! you were able to overcome the disadvantages and still beat him." 

"haha.. Father he wasn't a match for me. Next time give me a better match." I smirked at him.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I had to word this right because my father was very touchy on the subject of the mate bond.

"Well I was just... you know... between me and Caleb.... and-"

"You want to know more about the bond?" he grunted out.

"Well... Caleb keeps telling me the more I fight the harder it's going to push me towards him."

"Well Mel.. He's right the more you fight it the harder it's going to be to resist him. The bond is an amazing thing, he really does love you and I see it in his eyes. Its the same look I had when I was with your mother. The mate bond is meant to pull two wolves together so they don't have to live alone, yes I am an exception but I channeled my bond into you and your brother. You as well are a different situation because not only are you a powerful alpha, but you can beat any alpha out there, until I train your mate." He smirked, "I know your scared that this bond is going to restrict your freedom, but I think it's going to be the opposite. Unlike other She-wolves you can take care of yourself and fight 10 wolves twice the size of you with no problem. And if for any reason Caleb was to die, you would survive because of how strong and independent your wolf is."

"So.. what are you saying?"

He let out a chuckle before answering, "I'm saying give Caleb a chance, you never know if you like him until you give him a chance. And try not to run away every time you have feelings arise inside of you." he winked.

"Thank you dad! After we talked about the mate bond we talked about regrowing the pack and having Josh go off and find his mate. 

--------------End Flashback-----------------

So here I am getting ready for my date with Caleb at 7. He told me we were going somewhere fancy and that I should dress nice for the date. Since it is still summer, I took out a nice blue summer dress and some black ballet flats. I'm doing my makeup nice a natural with my hair in its bouncy beach waves. 

All of a sudden I hear a knock on the door. 

"Come in." Once the door opens I see a girl about my age come in. She has long, blonde hair and blue eyes. She was built very well and when she saw me she froze in her place.

"Oh... I'm sorry wrong room.. haha how dumb of me.. Sorry Luna, I'll be on my way." She was laughing and walking out the door. 

"h-hey." I squeaked out

"Did you say something" poking her head back in the room.

"What do you think of this?" I said twirling around.

"Well I think you look very beautiful, but your missing something! close your eyes." 

"But..."

"No buts Luna! You asked for my help!" she giggled. There was nothing else I could do so I closed my eyes and heard her shuffle around, pulling drawers open until I felt something being put on me.

"Now you may open." She sing-songed. I opened my eyes and saw she put a tiara on my head. I rolled my eyes and looked at her. She just laughed and shook her head, "Your expression is priceless!!" 

"I'm not queen yet-"

"Jessica! The name is Jessica." shaking my hand. 

"Well... Jessica where were you heading."

"Well haha I was looking for my brothers room and I must have taken a wrong turn and got lost, I always get lost in here." She laughed. Every second I was with Jessica I started to like her more and more.

We ended up talking about everything. Her brother is the third in command and is in charge of training the new pups. Her brothers name is Devin and her parents live in a house in town. Lets just say we became fast friends. We were talking when the door opened and my mate walked through the door.

"Oh Alpha, I'm sorry." she said still giggling. She likes to laugh a lot.

"Jessica. how are you?"

"I'm find C. ready for your date with M?" 

"I sure am. Is she ready? Where is he?" 

"In here!" I yelled through the bathroom and when I came out my mouth almost fell to the floor. Now, my mate is very good looking, but tonight he was hot. He was wearing a black shirt with a black tie and dress pants. When I got to his face he was smiling and looking at me the same way, but I must have reacted to late, "You can stare all you want babe cause this is yours." he winked at me. I rolled my eyes are starting walking towards him as he walked towards me "But, you look beautiful princess." I pushed him away from me.

"What have I told you about calling me that?"

"I know. I just like to see you get feisty." he smirked.

"Awwww you guys are so cute." we both turned out heads to see Jessica sitting on the bed watching us. "haha well, that's my cue to leave and see if I can find my brother."

"He's on the other side, Jess." Caleb chuckled

"Ah... no wonder this didn't look familiar," she said walking to the door, "And Melody, I'll see you around. Can't wait for our girls night out." she winked and closed the door 

"Girls night out?" Caleb said raising his eyebrow. 

"It means no boys or possessive kings." I joked.

"We'll see my queen." he said while pulling me in for a kiss. It was a short passionate kiss but when he pulled away he said, "But you look beautiful. Ready to get this date started? I promise it'll be magical." he smiled and its the kind of smile that makes you melt. He put his arm out and I wrapped my arm around it and we were on our way to our first night out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello I hope everyone is doing well! I tried to upload faster than the last time and I hope I did! I wanna give a big thanks to all the votes and reads that this story has recently gotten! makes me happy.

Anyways I'm dedicating this chapter to fieldfarms,because there an awesome person!!! 

-Sami :)