18. Father

"Hey, Mr. 5, can I call my boyfriend?" You ask in the back of the car.

"No."

"You don't understand, someone was supposed to pick me up, and if he doesn't hear from me, he'll raise hell. Please." You say. "You don't want anyone knowing where we're going, right?"

Mr 5 sighs in annoyance. "One minute."

You make the call.

"Wheels, I was just about to call you. Gunther said that you weren't outside the hospital, what's going on?" Kid says, answering on the first ring.

"I'm fine, Captain, I just... something urgent came up."

He is silent for a second before asking, "Are you sure that you didn't get kidnapped again or anything?"

You are aware of Mr 5 watching you closely, ready to act if you say something you're not supposed to. "Nope, nothing like that." You answer, technically it's true, you are kind of here on your own will. "I'm gonna be hanging out with a friend."

"What friend?" He asks suspiciously. "I'm need you to be safe. We're all Doflamingo's targets right now. I don't want you to-"

His concern is both amusing and heartwarming to you. "Don't worry, you know my friends are strong. I gotta go, okay?"

"Hey wait..." He says. "Don't.... don't come home too late."

A smile paints your face. "Is that an order?"

"You know it."

"Okay, I'll be home as soon as I can." You say ending the call.

~

The car pulls up into a driveway in the middle of a large forest by the lake. It looks like a fancy vacation home for a rich asshole, just the design of the house itself seems pompous in and of itself.

"The boss is inside. I'll wait here. Go on in." Mr 5 says.

You glance at him once and then walk straight inside. If you thought the outside was lavish, the inside certainly steals all the glory. The dining room is where the mayor is, and walking in there, you feel your heart beating unsteadily.

Calm down.

Don't be nervous.

You're just meeting your deadbeat dad, nothing to stress over.

The room has a brown wallpaper with multiple paintings of sandy landscapes all around, but you barely notice them compared to the large transparent water tank at the front of the room. Inside, just chilling on the grassy patch of land surrounded by the water, like it's normal, is a large alligator.

You shriek.

The chair at the head of the dining table is turned around, and you come face to face with the man himself.

Looking at him closely, he looks really menacing in his signature black suit, dark sleeked back hair, the scar running across his face with a cigar in his mouth.

"Mr...um..." You don't really know how to address him.

"Go ahead. Take a seat." He gestures to the seat on his right. Just to be safe, you take the one two seats away from him.

"You seem, rightfully, intimidated now, but surely you must have expected this after boldly walking into my office seeking to blackmail a dangerous man like myself." He says.

You are taken aback. "What?"

"You sneaked into my party, and I mistook you for someone. You did your research and found out who she is, now you think you can use that information to blackmail me. How naive." He says smugly, or perhaps that is the natural look of his face. "What is it you want? The key perhaps."