12| Don't Judge Me

Start from the beginning

"You are ironically hard working when trying to find ways to be lazy."

Now that is one thing, Sans cannot deny. He can clearly hear Wine holding back a snort from the other side of the call, yet it was short lived as the latter went back to their normal polite monotone voice.

"Well, that's just my specialty." He snickered.

Unpacking his things, Sans hummed as he saw the now empty box, he had baked cupcakes earlier so he can distribute it to his students, which he did rather flawlessly. He knows full well how hard college is after all, or just life really that's why he decided to make them. The kids seemed to be grateful of it as well.

Pressing his shoulder near the side of his head, he used it to support his phone whilst his now free hands started organizing his desk. He listened to Wine chatter for the meanwhile, giving a few snide remarks here and there which, the latter had either brush off with a snicker or agree to with him.

"...Fuck..." Sans hissed remembering a certain detail.

"Something wrong?"

"I forgot I have to come to Lav's school later for a PTA meeting," Sans grumbled as he shakes his head. "But I also have to attend that staff introduction party thing at the same time."

Sighing, Sans took ahold of the phone and set it to speaker before placing it down on his table. The distance between the rooms are big either way, so he didn't think too much on the chance of anyone listening on his conversation nor did he care.

"I mean, I can probably ditch the PTA but that would only lead to Helen having something to hold above me," He snorted, remembering that ill-fate mother whose kid always coincidentally go to the same school as Lavender's.

"Yes, not to mention the fact your son is a scholar there. It'll be bad if people get the wrong idea about Lavender's background."

Wine chided him; voice still lax in a half-hearted tone.

"Eh, I can just not go to that staff party—"

"I would much like it if you don't, the university is much of prestige, so punctuality is most needed."

"So, dump the PTA then—"

"I already told you that was a bad idea."

"What do you expect me to do? I can't go to two places at the same time..." Sans paused, realizing the 'game' the other was playing.

He rolled his eyes. "Or would you like to attend the PTA in my place?"

"Oh, I must go and check my schedule for that."

Wine faked a surprise tone into the call as Sans can hear the shuffling of papers, already knowing himself that the latter was already cleaning up to go to said meeting.

"I am utmost available for Lavender's parent-teacher meeting."

Sans snickers.

"You could've just asked, you know right?"

"I have no idea what you meant by that."

"Whatever you say."

Holding back a laugh, He continued with organizing the room as he placed a book in the bookshelves. Most probably putting it on the wrong spot than the organize place it was on just before, but Sans didn't care.

"Then it's settled. I will go to the PTA meeting while you promise me you will behave during the party."

"No promises~" He snickers as his eyes searched through the books. "Will you be able to have dinner with us later?" He spoke up, voice loud enough so the other can hear him even with his distance to his phone.

"Of course, I want to congratulate Lav for entering high school. I must go to that PTA meeting now. Stay safe."

"You too. I'll see you later for dinner." Sans hums back with a grin upon his face which he cannot seem to wipe off even when the line has cut off.

"You seem to have a really great husband." A voiced chirped from the far side of the room.

Being taken aback by that, he snickers as he rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed. He turned to the voice, expecting a fellow professor as he nervously laughs.

"Oh no that was just—"

Sans was frozen still. The words caught in his throat, as he cannot think coherently anymore.

"Hey..." He meekly whispered.

Blue eyes looked into his very soul, holding resentment in them. Here it comes, those words he had waited so long to hear yet was frightened by: 'Don't hey m—'

"We don't have time for that, Sans." The other brought him back from his thoughts, already knowing what he is thinking.

The door was closed shut, the sound of it locking up made a low, rumbling, and grating sound which was affected by Sans' senses getting hyper.

Those true-blue eyes which he had always thought can only hold warmth and light in them is now replaced by nothing more than an icy cold gaze.

"We need to talk."

___

I'm back and so are these weekly updates lol.

1390 words.