Chapter 30

Chapter 30
"Meet me in the lobby tomorrow at 10:00am," I sent Wesley the text and fell onto my pillow. I was so tired and after the encounters of today I just felt like sleeping. Of course that wasn't going to happen. I couldn't sleep. I laid in my bed for an hour before realizing that I can't fall asleep. How was I suppose to? I almost got kidnapped. On top of it, I have to face Wesley and lay down the rules. This "secret" relationship or whatever it is , secretly tearing me apart on the inside and in order for it to go on I have to get rid of stuff that is bothering me. I have to tell my mom about the pictures and the woman. She had to believe me if I have proof.
It was almost 2:00am and my sudden urge to fall asleep finally was obtained . I slept till about 8am.
I don't know if I'm ready to talk to Wesley and have a normal conversation. I should trust him, trust that he wasn't doing anything. That's what relationships are about right? Love, trust, friendship, three quality aspects that I wasn't giving my boyfriend at the time. I was the screw up here. It was the first time we have fought and it seems right only to talk to him. So I will.
**
At 8:30am I went down in the elevator to the dining room. They were having breakfast with pancakes, sausages, eggs in different forms, french toast, waffles, and a whole bunch of other things. I was hungry. Focusing on hunger was bad but it took my mind off being angry. I'm okay now. I picked from the buffet and sat down at a table made for two but since I was alone, this table, was made for one. Hungrily, I stuffed the eggs in my mouth and bit a piece of french toast. When taking a sip of my orange juice, I noticed a very familiar woman across the room. Tight blonde curls and a bright red dress on. Obviously seeking attention from the men in the room. She looked around and back at the table. Suddenly, I remembered where this woman was from. I recognize her from when Wesley's dad was at the park. This was the girl he was talking to.
Should I confront her?
I stood up and walked towards her table slowly still thinking in my head if I wanted to do it or not.
"Hello, I can't help but notice your bright red dress, where did you get it?"
"Oh a friend bought it for me. Very high class, only the best of the best," she delicately lifted her drink up to her mouth and took a sip,"I couldn't tell you, I'm sure it's DKNY (Donna Karen) anyways. Say, what is a young woman like you doing here by yourself?"
I felt the rope like material around my wrist that I always wore.

"Actually I'm staying here. had some troubles with the family," I replied scanning her body for any suspicious or recognizable recent activities, but none were found besides the ability by her large chest size to be spotted in such a place.

"Little teenagers thinking that running away will solve your problems. Well I'll tell you something, it won't! I've been struggling to get along ever since I left my family," she pulled out a cigarette box and was about to light one. I was pretty sure that this hotel was non-smoking.
"You seem to be doing fine, and why are you staying here?"
"Vacation, Wanted to get away from the treacherous, sandy, humid, ocean beaches of Florida."
I gave her a confused look.
"You're joking? Who wants to come here? This place sucks-"
"Not to me. The cold weather gets me excited for Christmas. We never have snow."
I didn't know what to say. The fact that she likes cold weather scared me a little.
"So you said you were struggling? How did you afford this vacation?"
The woman laughed and lit the cigarette.
"Simply," she cringed and smiled at me," Simply these," looking down at her chest, I knew in my head this lady was using guys.
"Now enough child, I don't have time for this I-"
"Lady! Cigarette," a security guard walked to her. She took one last inhale and smashed the fire into the ashtray that the security guard held out. As soon as he walked away, she lit another one.
"I must get going. I'm meeting up with a fellow across town, chao," the lady strutted to the doors and walked out. I watched her every move. Was Mark falling for her tricks? Sneaking around outside of his new wife's boundaries must have been a crime he has committed before.
I stared at the cakes that were being displayed. A red velvet layer was glaring at me. Chocolate frosting, spread in between each one. My stomach began to growl even after eating the whole breakfast.
"Layla..." I heard, and peered up to see a chair being pulled out. Shoot, I was stuffing my face with cake and not even realizing the time.
"Oh...hey," I set my fork down and wiped my face with a napkin.
"Are you okay?" Wesley asked me.
I shook my head.
"Does my binging give it away?" I chuckled a little and continued to eat.
"Just a little," he replied back smiling.
I felt the presence of his hand reaching over top of mine on the table. He looked around then back at me.
"I know you may not understand but I can't give you any more excuses. This is my last chance I get to explain to you that nothing was my fault. If you don't believe me then I guess this wasn't suppose to happen, us, God might have made us a fling and thats okay because everything happens for a reason and I truly think that-"
"Wesley!" I yelled gripping his hand,"I'm not done with you..." I stood up and sat on his lap, kissing him straight on the lips. The awes coming from around the room were unheard because I was in a different world now. A peaceful, eccentric world that I couldn't get enough of. I had to forgive him this one time.
"This fight it was suppose to happen to us. This, is what will make us stronger.
Wesley smiled an insane smile and stood up with me still in his arms. He then sat me down and held my hand.
"What now?" he asked.
I shrugged.
"I should really be getting home before my mom calls the cops."
His eyes widened and we walked to the elevators so I could grab my things.
When I was done, Wesley and I walked to his truck.
"I ran into Marks secret woman," I sighed while getting into the passengers seat.
"Oh really?"
I nodded.
"Why don't you just show your mom the picture?"
"You really think she'll believe me? She'll make any excuse of why he isn't cheating, then, tell me to stay away from you, which I definitely do not want."
Wesley began driving.
"Who knows what she is gonna do if I go home. I'm scared," I leaned against the window hoping for an opportunity to not go home quite yet.
"Well...you could always stay with Luna and I. If you would like..."
I jumped at the thought of that.
"One second," I pulled out my phone and began to call my mom. She answered on the first ring.
"Layla! Where are you? I was just about to call the police! You get your a** home right now!" she yelled.
I felt Wesley's hand squeeze mine. He knew that this was really hard for me to do.
"I'm safe. There is no need for you to call the police," I said to her.
"Where are you?"
"I'm somewhere safe. Don't you get it? The reason I'm not home is because you're being a terrible mother. You're not listening to me. I could say something and you would immediately think I'm lying."
She paused.
"Like what? What haven't I believed you on?"
I kept her on the phone but sent her the picture of Mark with the Woman.
"See that picture? Yeah, I think Mark is cheating on you," I waited for a response but there was none. All there was, was a swallow.
"-And you don't believe me again. Hey, why don't you call me back when you feel like being a good mother?"
"-And why don't you come home when you feel like being a decent child!"
There it was. I knew it was coming.
I hung up the phone and expanded my fingers. When frustrated, I normally curl my hands up into a fist.
"She just doesn't get it yet, but she will, I promise...and instead of going to my house maybe you and I should both just get away. Go somewhere fun to get our minds off this. A waterpark, maybe even just driving until we want to stop. Like there is no end unless we make one," Wesley pulled off onto the curb and looked me into the eyes. A small smile came from him, and I soon began to smile too.
Was this like all the teenage dreams? All the teenage dreams that a parent doesn't want their daughter to have? A good girl running off with a bad boy to no where?
"Let's do it."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! I'm writing now and my name is Brittany✌️I've take over. Shayla didn't want this under her name anymore so here I am:) Hope you don't hate me.