Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I've been texting Luna all day trying to find out what this Wesley situation is.

"Luna ahhg!" I shouted. She finally text me back and then called me.

"Sorry, I was in the shower, whats wrong?"

"What was the Wesley thing you said you were going to tell me?" I yelled into the phone.

"Layla, I was only joking, Wes doesn't even like you. He told me you're annoying I don't even know haha."

"I'm not annoying! He said that?"

"Yeah, it's weird."

"Your brother is the annoying one not liking me for no reason."

"For one, he is my step-brother, and for two, you're lucky he doesn't like you, if he did, there would be a problem!" she laughed.

"Well then why was I half naked?" I asked her.

"It was a party Layla get over it, a hangover is a hangover haha."

"Ugh anyways, guess what?" I paused for a little," my mom is getting married finally!" I draped myself over the couch.

"Sweet! to who? is the guy nice?"

"Yeah, his name is John, he has a really troubled story but I'm not in to sharing details."

"Aww, well I hope everything works out."

"Thanks, I'll see you later." I said about to hang up.

"Wait! I need to ask you something in advance." She sounded excited.

"Me and my friends are going to a cabin with Wesley and his friends, they are sleeping separate don't worry, anyways, but my mom lets us stay there by ourselves in the summer so I was wondering if you wanted to go?"

I smile grew on my face.

"Of course! it sounds fun, when?"

"In 5 days, for a week and a half."

"All right, I'll ask. Bye!"

"Bye bae haha." she hung up.

I was super excited to ask my mom if I could go. Chances are she would say no but it doesn't hurt to try.

**

"Mom! Nice cooking, what kind of steak is this?" I asked trying to butter her up.

"What do you want?" she knew what I was up to.

"You're probably going to say no but let's cut to the chase, can I stay for one week with Luna in her moms cabin?" I said smiling.

"Sure."

"What?" I stared at her blankly.

"I said sure, do you have a problem with that?" she laughed but became serious.

"No it's just...I didn't expect you to say yes."

"Well I figured you would need a break with the wedding and all."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hugged her and ran off to my room.

O my gosh! in 5 days I'm staying by a lake in a cabin! This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait!

*Next day*

I texted Luna telling her I can go and she was surprised and happy. She acted weird though. When I asked her whats wrong she said it was about Wesley. I came over her house in search for an answer.

"What about him?" I questioned her.

"He doesn't want you coming..."she gridded her teeth.

"What!"

"But don't worry, I called my mom and she said you are and thats final haha."

"What is wrong with him? Why doesn't he like me!"

"I don't know but I'm sure we will find out sooner or later. A week with just us has to reveal something." Luna turned around.

"Okay."

I shrugged. He walked by and I watched.

"Hey!" I yelled at him.

Wesley ignored me and kept walking. I sighed.