Chapter 1 Hidden Knowledge

All Kagome could see was a bright light. She closed her eyes as she emerged into the bright light. When the cold air hit her, she wailed.

“You have a girl, your grace, twins, a boy, and a girl!” The Maester tells Queen Rhaella.

‘Twins, I have a brother?’ Kagome thought.

Queen Rhaella sighed; she had finally given birth to not one but two healthy children, a boy, and a girl. The bloodline would continue through these two children. The Maester hands the baby girl to Queen Rhaella. She smiles down at her two babies.

“What will you name them, your Grace?”

“His name is Viserys, and I shall call her Rhaesa.”

‘I like that name,’ Kagome thought.

“She will make the perfect wife for her brother.”

‘WHAT?!’ Kagome thought.

And with that knowledge, Kagome, now known as Rhaesa, started to cry.

The first real memory that Rhaesa had was of the sound of her mother being raped by her father. She and her brother Viserys were only five years old. When she heard her mother scream in pain and terror, Rhaesa rushed towards her mother's bedroom to stop her father. Only to be caught by Ser Barristan Selmy and taken away.

“No, no, no, Ser Barristan, I have to help my mother,” Rhaesa cried tears running down her cheeks, “Father is hurting her!”

“There's nothing you can do, Little Princess,” Ser Barristan told Rhaesa.

“Then you must stop it!”

“There's nothing I can do either. I'm sorry.”

Ser Barristan had long since been aware that Rhaesa was no ordinary child. She was far more intelligent than she let on. She was capable of learning things at an alarming rate and preferred to have in-depth conversations with him and him alone. That is why Ser Barristan would generally volunteer to guard the little Princess. They could sit for hours and talk about the state of the country and how she would play The Game of Thrones if given a chance.

Fortunately for Rhaesa, Aerys was far more interested in Viserys to notice his daughter's intelligence. The only ones that noticed were himself, Rhaegar and their mother. But it was only Ser Barristan Selmy that knew Rhaesa's other secret.

“Please, Ser Barristan, I can heal mother.”

“I know you can, Princess, but if you do that, the King will surely notice, and that is something we want to avoid,” Ser Barristan told Rhaesa as he walked through the Red Keep taking her back to her room.

He entered Rhaesa's room and deposited her on her bed, “Now, how about we play that game you showed me, what was it called again?”

“I call it Shogi, Ser Barristan.”

“Ah, yes, Shogi. I'll get the board while you get the pieces.”

Rhaes sighed, resigning herself to the fact that there was nothing she could do at only five years old. Grabbing the pieces from the bag under her bed, Ser Barristan took down the board that was hidden on top of her wardrobe.

Shogi was a game that Rhaesa remembered from her previous life that she used to play with her grandpa. It was a form of Japanese chess or the Game of Generals. It is a two-player strategy board game native to Japan. Rhaesa and Ser Barristan could play for hours when Rhaesa was not with her mother or her Septa. He was amazed at how Rhaesa's little mind worked and how she was able to come up with sophisticated strategies to win the game. She usually beat him at the game, but Ser Barristan was getting better at it.