#21 An Eye For An Eye

Start from the beginning

   "Uh..." Emily looks up to the ceiling, trying to remember this weird man's face.

   "Maybe you don't because you first met me when you were a cute little kid," the man snickers.

   "My name is Freddy. You know... I'm your --"

   "My mum's ex-boyfriend," Emily cuts him off, nodding her head.

   "What a bright kid," Freddy smiles and walks closer to Emily.

   "Of course, Mr. Bogeyman," Emily folds her arms.

   "Excuse me?" Freddy raises his eyebrow in amusement.

   "You looked intimidating when I first saw you. That's why I referred to you as Mr. Bogeyman," Emily tilts her head, acting innocent.

   "Do I look intimidating to you now?" Freddy folds his arms and puffs out his broad chest, towering over Emily, causing her to lift up her head to look at his face.

   "Umm.. Not yet," Emily curls up her lip sideways, challenging Freddy.

   "You will be," Freddy smirks at Emily and turns around, reaching out his open hand at his friend who then puts something on it.

   "Unlock it," Freddy shoves a familiar phone at Emily. This is hers! She glimpses Freddy through her eyelashes and does what she has been told to.

   "Give me," Freddy shows his hand and Emily reluctantly puts her phone on his palm. He smiles at her and looks through her contacts and clicks on one that says 'Mummy'.

*******

   "Hi, Jenny."

   Thomas can hear clearly that it's a male voice. His mother's face changes and she puts her hand on her head whilst closing her eyes.

   "What do you want, Freddy? And why is my daughter's phone with you? Where is she?" Jennifer growls, making Thomas, Andrew, Sarah and William stare at her curiously.

   Who is Freddy? All of them except Jennifer don't know him. They never hear Emily mention his name before.

   "It's so nice hearing your voice again, Jenny. And... Emily? She's fine. She's just a little tired."

   Jennifer bites her bottom lip. She gets that sinking feeling after knowing that Emily is being held in captivity of an evil man like Freddy.

   "Mummy, I'm okay!"

   Jennifer's eyes brighten up when she heard Emily's voice, but then frowns when Freddy spoke something that could threaten her daughter's life and safety.

   "Shut up, kid! Or I swear I will break your limbs one by one," Freddy's voice sounds creepy to Jennifer and even Emily.

   "Freddy, please don't hurt her. I'll give you everything you want. Just tell me what to do," Jennifer pleads desperately, and softly so that Thomas, Andrew, Sarah and William will not hear her as she doesn't want them to be scared and worried.

   "Ahh.. Yes. I need money right now. I know that Emily's father a.k.a. your ex-husband is a rich man."

   "I'll talk to him. I'm --"