#20 Abduction

Magsimula sa umpisa

   "Hey, you can hear it right here and right now! From this girl," Katherine exclaims and pushes Emily towards Felicia who is towering over her two friends.

   "You're right! Now, tell me, Emily," Felicia puts her hands on Emily's shoulders.

   "What? Why me?" Emily points at herself with a confused expression on.

   "Because you're in love with your brother's best friend!" Katherine nudges Emily, making her almost lose her balance.

   "My brother? You mean, Thomas? Thomas' best friend? Did you mean..... James?" Emily whispers the last part at Katherine and Felicia, earning a nod from each of them. "Oh, no! No, no, no, no!" she shakes her head whilst closing her eyes.

   "Aww... Emily! Come on, just admit it," Felicia pulls Emily's arm childishly.

   "How can I admit to something that's not partially true?" Emily practically yells and then lowers her voice when a worker of the shop gave her a weird look.

   "It's really true, Emily! It's so obvious. I can see it!" Felicia tries to convince Emily about her feelings.

   "No, it's not tr--"

   "Emily, let me ask you something," Katherine suddenly asks solemnly whilst turning Emily to stand in front of her.

   "Yeah?" Emily nods slowly and hesitantly.

   "What did you feel when you're around James?"

   "I..... I felt nervous and I got butterflies in my stomach and my hands got sweaty and clammy a-and when someone mentioned his name, I'd blush and my mouth twitched. But maybe that's because I was afraid...?" Emily rambles vacuously.

   Katherine and Felicia look at each other, smile and laugh softly. Meanwhile, Emily stare at them confusingly.

   "Emily, Emily. You're nervous around him not because you're afraid," Katherine smiles.

   "Then?" Emily raises an eyebrow.

   "You're nervous because you have a crush on him!" Katherine jumps excitedly whilst clapping her hands.

   "Eh? I do? I mean, I do!" Emily widens her eyes in realisation and beams.

   "You just realised?" Felicia knits her brows and Emily nods. "Oh, gosh! What's wrong with you? I think I want to gouge out your heart and tell it how stupid it is for not realising a feeling that is so conspicuous," she pretends to take out Emily's heart with her bare hands.

   "I barely know about love," Emily shrugs. She knows what love is, but she can't really tell if someone likes her or not. When she used to have a crush on Harry, she didn't feel any nervousness because they're very close and she didn't even know if he liked her back or not.

   "Aww ~ You're so innocent. Never mind. We both will be your love mentors!" Katherine pats Emily's shoulder. "Are you going to tell James that you like him?" she wiggles her eyebrows. Again...

   "I don't know," Emily blushes and scratches her head.

   "You can tell him now," Felicia says, not looking at Emily.

   "Now? How? I don't have his phone number," Emily says, still scratching her head.

   "No! What I wanted to say is..... James is here. Look! Is that him?" Felicia points to a crowd.

   "Where?" Emily and Katherine ask simultaneously. They both look at each other again and raise their eyebrows. There are a lot of people in the shopping mall and they can't find James in the crowds.