"He's having a slight bit problem at home. So he came down here." Evelyn said.

Dad crossed his arms over his chest, "Doesn't he live with his foster mom?"

Dad remembered that. "Yes, he does."

Dad's face didn't give away anything he was thinking at that moment. He walked away saying nothing and opened the fridge.

"I am making dinner at home tonight," He said.

"I will help you," Evelyn replied quickly.

Dad gave Evelyn a look. Evelyn flashed a nervous smile.

"Fine. Chop this carrots. I will make some rice and vegetables." Dad said. "It's time we start eating healthy. I am getting old."

"Dad, you are getting younger everyday. You look dashing, cool." Evelyn said enthusiastically.

"Enough buttering." Dad said smiling.

"No, I meant it dad." Evelyn said.

"Careful with the knife." Dad said as he washed the rice.

"Can we have chicken?" Evelyn said.

"Okay. We might need help of YouTube then." Dad replied.

"We'll make it, don't worry. " Evelyn replied.

Both of them worked and chatted away. Dad shared things he had never said before. He said Evelyn about his school life. It's not like they could fill up the spaces that had been made in years. But they could still get better.

Gordon Ramsay was on YouTube teaching dad.

The chopping and washing was done. The chicken was on the pot.

Evelyn thought over the question that was in her mind.

"Dad?" She asked.

"Hmm?"

"There's a kid, you know, in our school," Evelyn said leaning in the kitchen counter.

"He was found taking drugs. So he was sent to rehabilitation center. But he came back unaffected and as he was before. He probably ran away from there. Now that he's back, he acts like nothing like that ever happened."

Dad was listening with rapt attention.

"Now his friends think he is still addicted. But he didn't show any symptoms. So they are keeping an eye on him." Evelyn said.

"Do you have any suggestions what else they can do?" Evelyn asked.

Dad placed his hand on his chin. "Who is this kid we are talking about?"

"Just some random kid. I am kind of friends with one of his friends. And that friend is really stressed. It's bothering me too." Evelyn said.

"What about his parents?" Dad asked. "Do they know?"

"His parents-" Evelyn gulped. "His parents are not here. He lives with his grandmother. A really old grandmother."

Evelyn took a deep breathe. Dad was narrowing his eyes at her.

"Do I know this kid?" Dad asked.

"No." Evelyn replied.

Dad shook his head. He paced around the kitchen island. "Drugs are very dangerous thing, Evelyn. You should stay far away from it."

"Trust me dad, I have no interest." Evelyn replied.

"You shouldn't even be with the people who's had a connection with drug addicted."