Chapter 5: Naruto Uzumaki Part 4

(Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of it's characters. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.)

Chapter 5: Naruto Uzumaki Part 4

Hinata jolted awake at the screech that came the six-tailed Naruto. Everyone was looking at the projection with looks of pure fear. Even Naruto was scared of himself.

It took Hinata a few seconds to look around,  and saw Naruto sitting down on the ground next to her. She felt something in her hand and looked down to see Naruto had laced his fingers together with hers.

'OHKAMIOHKAMIOHKAMIOHKAMIOHKAMIOHKAMIOHKAMIOHKAMI! NARUTO IS HOLDING MY HAND!' She was blushing so much she was practically glowing.

It took her a few seconds to recover. "U-u-um N-Nar-"

Naruto tore his eyes off of the screen as soon as he heard Hinata's voice. "Hinata!" He yelled out before engulfing her in a hug. She started to blush even more, if it was even possible. Slowly though she relaxed and hugged him back.

They released each other after hearing another screech from the projection.

The six-tailed beast started to grow an exoskeleton, and then started throwing rocks at Pain. He tried to withstand it at first, but was slowly forced to retreat. The kyubi started to chase after him, before Pain stopped. He turned around and hit the ground, releasing a torrent of water over the entire area.

The two fought on top of the water, throwing rocks and beams of chakra at each other. However, Pain was forced to retreat once more.

However, the half-formed kyubi stopped following as a green light started to emanate from his chest. It started to envelope him, and attempted to stop him from moving. However, the kyubi gripped something that was around his neck and crushed it in it's hands. The green light faded and the kyubi continued to pursue Pain.

"U-u-um N-Naruto-kun, w-what's going o-on? W-what it t-that?" Hinata was looking at the projection, clearly terrified by what she saw. Naruto turned to her and their eyes met. Naruto's eyes were red and slightly puffy, and Hinata looked at him in concern. "W-were you c-crying, Naruto-kun?"

Naruto looked down before he spoke again. "That thing in the projection..." He hesitated. He didn't want her to look at him like everyone else did. He wouldn't be able to stand it if she looked at him like that. Not her. 'But Hinata isn't like that. She wouldn't think that, would she?'

Naruto looked up at Hinata again. Her pale eyes looked at him with concern, and any doubts he had were gone. He just had to tell her. He took a deep breath before continuing.

"That thing in the projection... is me."

Hinata's eyes widened a bit at his answer. She was prepared for pretty much anything except for that. 

"U-um, I d-don't really u-understand, Naruto-kun."

"Yeah, neither do I, Naruto!" Kiba loudly interrupted their conversation. Everyone turned to look at Naruto, their faces brimming with fear, confusion, and curiosity.

Sakura spoke up next. "Yeah, we want some answers! How could you turn into that!"

Naruto looked down at her words. He didn't know exactly what to say, but thankfully, Hiruzen stepped in.

"Naruto. Do you want me to explain for you?" Naruto looked up at the third hokage, then he nodded slightly. Hiruzen let out a sigh before he explained to the genin that the fourth hokage had sealed the nine-tails into Naruto on the day of his birth to protect the village.

After the explanation, most of the genin looked at Naruto with a bit of fear in their eyes, with Sakura and Ino backing away a little. Hinata, however, just looked back at Naruto and asked quietly so only he could hear.