Chapter 4: Naruto Uzumaki Part 3: Inner Thoughts

(Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of it's characters. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.)

(This chapter starts at the point when Naruto sees Hinata get stabbed in the future and happens in his P.O.V.)

Chapter 4: Naruto Uzumaki Part 3: Inner Thoughts

Naruto's P.O.V.

After seeing Pain stab Hinata, I couldn't hold myself back. I started to cry, and I didn't even know why. I had never felt so confused. Why was I so emotional? Sure, Hinata is my friend, but we weren't that close. I fell to the ground and clenched a hand around my chest.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms around me. I didn't even care who it was, but I turned around and cried in their arms. After a few seconds, I felt another pair of arms from the other side.

I thought back to my days at the academy. She dad always been shy, so we didn't really talk much. I remember that I had always wanted to talk to her.

*Flashback*

I walked down the hall of the academy on my first day. I was feeling excited, but also kinda nervous. This was where I would learn everything I would need to become Hokage! I reached the end of the hall and to the door of the classroom. I opened it and walked into the classroom.

Most of the students were already there. I had seen a few of them around the village, but I didn't really know anyone there. Then, my eyes met with a pair of pale, lavender ones accompanied by short violet hair by longer bangs. I immediately recognized her as that girl who was being picked on the other day. But she quickly looked away, turning a little red.

I looked away as the teacher glared at me. "You must be Naruto Uzumaki, correct?"

I grinned and looked at him before I answered him. "Yep! That's me!"

He kept glaring at me with the same eyes that everyone looked at me with. But at this point I didn't care. Everyone looked at me like that. I was used to it.

"Well Naruto, you're late, find a seat."

I looked back to the pale-eyes girl before seeing that there were already two people seated next to her. I looked around again before finding an empty seat next to someone that I didn't know. I sat down next to them before giving the teacher my attention again.

"As I was saying, my name is Iruka, and I will be your instructor for the rest of your time at the academy. We will go around the classroom and introduce ourselves." He pointed to the person the the top left corner of the room. "We will start there and make our way to the other side of the classroom before starting the next row."

People started to introduce themselves. I wasn't really paying attention until it was the violet-haired girl's turn. I gave her my full focus as she stood up and introduced herself.

"H-hello. My name is H-hinata Hyuga. I'm pleased to m-meet you all." She introduced herself with a slight stutter. She then met eyes with me before turning red and sitting down quickly.

Eventually it was my turn and I stood up. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I'm gonna be the hokage!" I shouted out. It was silent for a few moments, before almost everyone in the room started to laugh.

"Seriously?"

"Aren't you that kid that's always pulling pranks? There's no way you'll become hokage!"

"Yeah Right! He'll probably never even become a genin!"

I listened to them laugh for a moment, before I saw Hinata wasn't laughing along with everyone else. In fact, she was looking at me with an almost sad look. I looked away and started to yell back at my classmates.

"Oh yeah! Well just you wait! I become a genin and then I'll become the greatest ninja the world has ever seen! Then everyone will look up to me-ttebayo!" 

I sat back down and ignored their laughs. 'I swear I'm going to prove them wrong! When I'm hokage, people will have to respect me!'

The rest of the day passed without much trouble. When school was over, I slowly headed towards the door.

____________________________________________________________

About a week passed and I passed the gate to leave the academy, but I heard a voice behind me. "U-um, e-excuse me," I turned around to see Hinata facing me, before her face turned very red and she looked at the ground. I smiled as she fidgited around a little bit.

"Yeah Hinata?" I asked. She blushed even more when she heard me respond before she continued.

"U-u-um, N-Naruto-kun, I-I think t-that e-everyone b-back  t-t-there was w-wrong a-about you    t-the o-other day." I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Waddya mean?" I questioned her. She took a deep breath before starting again.

"I-I m-mean that I-I d-don't t-t-think your g-goal is s-stupid. I-I'm s-sure that i-if you try h-hard enough, y-you could r-r-really h-have a chance a-at becoming h-hokage..."

I looked at her in surprise. "You really mean that?" I had never heard someone say something like that. She nodded quickly, still looking down. "A-ah, well, thanks for saying that Hinata-chan! I swear I'm gonna become the greatest hokage! And I stand by what I say, dattebayo!" I said before I turned around and I waved back at her as I started to run back home. 'It was really thoughtful of her to say that. No one has ever said something that nice to me before.'

*Flashback Over*

After that, I had really wanted to talk to her again, but I never really had the chance. Someone would always be seated next to her, or she would be really busy. Anytime I could talk to her, she would turn red and run away or faint before I could talk to her.

After a while, what she had said had slowly faded to the back of my mind, and I slowly stopped trying to talk to her.

'Why the hell am I thinking about this now?' I asked my self as I stopped crying. I looked up and was a little surprised to see to see Kiba and... Sasuke? I blinked a few times to make sure I was seeing correctly, but didn't really think much of it. I then slowly said "T-thanks guys. I-I'm fine now." 

I walked past them and sat down next to Hinata, and I slowly took one of her hands in my own. 'Hinata... you've always been so kind to me, you'd even sacrifice your life to protect me...' I looked at her face and brushed one of her bangs lying on her face back behind her ear. 'I swear... I'm going to make sure nothing happens to you. And I stand by what I say. That's my Ninja Way'

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Chapter 4 is done! In all honesty, I didn't know where this chapter would go until about halfway through. I just started with the idea for Naruto to think about what Hinata meant to him, and ended up with this.

Also, I know I put this out really quickly, but I just really felt like writing and got really in the zone and then I realized I had just wrote an entire chapter in under two hours.

There are still a few chapter to go for Naruto, so just bear with me.I have lots of ideas for future chapters and other fanfics as I mentioned last time.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Please let me know if you did by commenting or voting for this story, and the next chapter will be out in a few days! 

Bye!