Prologue

(Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor any of it's characters. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.)

Prologue:

Hiruzen sighed as he searched through the boxes in the storage room of the Hokage's office. It had been almost three hours and he still had yet to find what he was looking for. He had been been putting this off for months now, one because he didn't have the time, and two, he knew it would be boring.

Yet here he was, searching and searching and searching, with seemingly no end in sight. He had know of the supposed existence of Tobirama Senju's secret notebook for years, but only recently had he been motivated to find it. His Hokage Senses were tingling; something bad was going to happen soon. He hoped the notebook would have something, anything that could help, and at this point, he was already dead-set on finding it.

He sighed again as he placed another box to one side of the room. Is it possible that it doesn't exist? Or that it isn't even located here? He looked around the room, he was probably about two-thirds of the way done with everything. I can't think like that. I've spent too much time on this for it all to be a waste. Besides, even if the notebook isn't here, I'm sure there is something that will be of use.

After about 10 more minutes of searching, he opened another box. He started to take out the contents when he saw a large book in the box. It looked to be about the size of a textbook, but the cover was completely black, not even any text or title. He opened it and gasped at what it said on the first page: Tobirama's Notebook. Flipping through the rest of the pages, he saw details about various jutsu created by the Second Hokage (because he basically created everything). The Flying Thunder God, Heavenly Weeping, Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation, Shadow Clones, it was all here.

However, as he flipped through, he started to see many techniques that he didn't know. One in particular caught his eye. It said Summoning: Future Viewing Jutsu. Hiruzen started to read the notes. This technique will scan the user's chakra and look into the future to find key moments in the user's life. It will then summon an image of what is happening during the event and display it as a genjutsu. The next few pages will show the sealing pattern, as well as a map of how to arrange the sealing components.

Needless to say, Hiruzen was ecstatic. After over three. fucking. hours. of searching, the old man could finally rest. He took the book and left to go back to his office. Once there, he put a blood seal on it, then put it in a secret compartment in his desk locked by multiple sealing techniques.

With that, he sat down in his chair, and sighed a huge sigh of relief. He knew he still had a lot of work to do, but he decided to put it off for another day.

"I'm getting too old for this"