CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Salam Readers. How are you this week ?

I have a few things to address:

1. I think I'll be updating twice a week, Monday's and Thursday's.

2. I'm not too happy with the response I'm getting so far, I have updated five chapters last week, but I got little comments and votes. Please vote and comment if you are enjoying Aman.
I am starting to feel like you're not enjoying the book and I'm the only interactive person here.
Please and please... I'm begging on my knees LOL. Please vote and comment and let me know what you think.
I promise to reply and interact as well.

Are you enjoying Aman so far?

Who are your favourite characters?

What do you think about Sameer's Relatives ?

Talk to me!!!!!!!

————————————————-

We had been back in Lagos for about 5 months now and life seemed to be getting back to the way it was before we left for the village but my mother never let me out of her sight in the fear that something might happen or someone might take me away and my father now never said no, even though he rarely did before the incident, he treated me like a little egg and it was almost as if he was walking on eggshells around my mother.
My father didn't mention his family as much to us even though we knew he was still in contact with them nor did he dare ask us to visit the village, he was now protective of both my mother and I and did as much as he could to keep us safe.

"Sameer, your dad wants to talk to you" my mother's soothing voice came through one early morning as I was sitting on the balcony with a cup of tea enjoying the morning rain. It was something my father and I constantly did so it became a little habit of mine.
"Alright mama, I'll be right there" I said as I got out of my father's old rocking chair.
"Sameer, how are you doing ?" My dad said with a light smile and my mother also smiled.
"I'm okay baba, why is everyone in a good mood today? Is it the rain?" I said idly and they both laughed.
"No Sameer, it's not the rain, even your mother doesn't know why we're seated here. It's a surprise for you both" my father said clearing his voice and my mind instantly wandered.
"Please tell us baba, you know I don't like surprises" I semi-yelled excitedly.
"Well, you know you have been asking me to go to boarding school with your cousin? I think it's time you resumed school and boarding school doesn't sound bad to me anymore." He finished with a big smile and my mother's face fell almost instantly.
"Boarding school kuma my husband? And with Haroun? Kai! Ni de maganan nan be zauna mun ba da kyau (this issue doesn't sit well with me at all). I'm scared of the thought of sending Sameer to boarding school with the current situation we're in let alone with your brother's son. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Haroun, it's what his father and uncles can do that frightens me." My mother said calmly but worriedly. Was this my father trying to make amends between his brothers and my mother? I couldn't help but also think a million things.
"My dear Na'eema. You shouldn't worry. I will pick the school and I will also go pick Haroun up myself. They don't have to know where it is and I'll also make sure it is far away from all this drama, I just want Sameer to be happy about this" Baba said almost pleadingly.
"Aliyu... are you saying your brother will be fine with you taking his son away from him without knowing where in the world you're taking him? He's not you. He will..." my mother paused instantly realizing they were conversing with me as I sat almost impatiently with my head down.
"Sameer, we'll call you back in a minute. Go and have your tea before it gets cold." My mother finished off as I walked back to the balcony upstairs.
"I don't know why mama sent me away, I already know exactly what my fathers brothers are like now, I know all the imperfections his family has. I like Haroun, but I have the same fear mama has on this... I don't want his father to influence his feelings towards me, he has always been my good friend and I'm sure college will be fun with him but I'm scared of what the future of our family holds." I thought as I sipped on my now warm tea.
After about an hour, Mama called me back to the living room again. "Sameer, would you like to go to boarding school with Haroun ?" My father simply asked.
"Yes baba... but" I reluctantly replied.
"But what my son?" Baba asked. "I'm scared" I simply said. I didn't want to say too much because I didn't want my father to think I was picking sides against him or my mother to think that I was picking sides against her so I tried to be as neutral as possible.
"Don't worry Sameer. Your father and I have come to a conclusion and everything will hopefully work out fine. Since you'd like to go to boarding school with Haroun, we will make necessary arrangements and you will both start next month in Abeokuta" mama said calmly and reassuringly and I was instantly better.