Chapter Sixteen

Why is Sameer constantly thinking about Aman these days?

Does this mean something ?

Who are your favourite characters so far?

———————————————-

It was the ending of April and Aman had now been working as a corper in AAHP for just over seven months.
Even though it was quite challenging on some days, she adjusted easily.
Sameer had introduced her to other software engineers but she remained his leading technicians as she handled clients excellently so they worked very closely. They even travelled for two business trips to Kano and Ibadan but they were only there for the day as Sameer's jet was always available. Lagos wasn't so bad after all.

It was Thursday and Aman was excited to be in the office, her 25th birthday was coming up in two days and she was happy to celebrate it with her Lagos family.

"Good morning Aman" Sarah's voice said as Aman walked into the hallway.

"Good morning Sarah" Aman said rather cheerfully, she couldn't hide the joy on her face.

"Ha! You're looking very lovely today, is there an occasion of some sort? Or are you just dressing up to go with your happy mood today?" Sarah said now looking at Aman from head to toe.
She was wearing striped black and white high waisted office pants with a black blazer and a white button up inside it, she also tied her scarf hijab style and accessorized with a black Chanel bag and shoes. She was looking very formal but beautiful and she felt good about herself.

"Actually there isn't, I'm just excited for my 25th this Saturday and since I'm not celebrating it, I decided to dress as happy as I feel." Aman said doing a 360 turn for Sarah and Sarah laughed admiring her even more.

"Ah, what a model and slay queen. You are really young o, 25 on the 25th, I remember when I turned 25, I wish we could trade ages." Sarah said dreamingly.
"Haha, please don't start. Is Mr Sameer in? You emailed me saying we have a staff meeting today right?" Aman replied.

"He's not in but I think he has a meeting in Abuja today because I have the jet on standby so I'm not sure about the staff meeting." Sarah said checking Sameer's schedule.

"Oh, alright then. I'll be in my office, I'll see you for lunch right?" Aman said leaving the reception. Sarah always had lunch at her office when she was free and they spent it hosting away in her office.

———————————

"Salam Daddy, ina kwana" Aman said as she picked her phone up.

"Amani, mutanen Lagos (Lagos people) how are you my darling?" Alhaji Muhammed said warmly.

"I'm okay daddy, just at the office. It's a slow day so far but I'm loving being a corper here. It almost feels like I have a full time job." Aman blabbed on.

"Alhamdullilah, I knew you'd love it. By the way... it's your big 25th this weekend, are you excited? 25 on the 25th" Alhaji Muhammed said.

"Wow, I can't believe you remember daddy. Ashe (it seems) you're still not that old. I'm not that excited but maybe I'll have dinner with Muneera, Mamiey and Abba" Aman said teasing her father.

"Of course I'm still a young man, how can I forget? Well, I hope you enjoy it." Alhaji Mohammed laughed.

"In sha Allah (If Allah wills) daddy. My love to everyone at home. I spoke to Haleema dazu (earlier) so don't give her any when you talk to her. Let me get back to work." Aman said .