Chapter Fifteen

Aisha is back again.

What do you think about her encounter with Sameer and his mother?

Should Aman apologise to Sameer and his Mother ?

————————-

MONDAY MORNING

Aman had spent the previous day sulking and thinking on how to face her boss. She felt so embarrassed by Aisha's actions that she felt like missing work.

"Good morning Sarah, I hope he's not in yet?" Aman said to Sarah in a whisper.

"Good morning beautiful girl. He's not in yet. By the way, you look very nice today" Sarah said as she looked at Aman from top to bottom. She was wearing a long navy blue cooperate skirt and blazer with a pink shirt. She also matched her outfit with a pink Hermès scarf and shoes.

"Really? thank you. I'm trying to get used to this cooperate lifestyle" Aman said with a slight chuckle.

"Well you've been giving us different looks since your first day so we don't mind" Sarah said teasing Aman. She always complemented her and loved how she made an effort to look presentable for work.

"Good morning Sir" Sarah quickly said and Aman instantly froze.

"Good morning Sarah, Miss Mohammed" Sameer replied rather cheerfully.

"Erm Good morning Sir" Aman muttered as she picked her bag up.

"Miss Mohammed. I have a meeting by 1pm, please come to my office by 11am. I'd like to brief you on it because I want you to join me." Sameer said to Aman.

"Erm Alright Sir" Aman quietly replied as she made her way to her office

———————————————

"Aman. Mr Sameer asked me to get you. It's already 15 minutes past 11... have you forgotten about your meeting?" Sarah said as she popped her head into Aman's office.

"Oh my Goodness. I completely lost track of time. I don't know how I managed to do that. I'll be right there, thank you for coming to get me Sarah." Aman replied and quickly got her notepad out.
She had been busy all morning with Chief Segun's project that she had completely forgotten about Sameer and her worries about Aisha. She wanted to hand over perfection to Chief and so, she was giving her best effort.

"Salam, I'm so sorry for being late sir. I got carried away and lost track of time." Aman said still standing at the door.

"Come in" Sameer said ignoring everything else she had said.

"Thank you" Aman said pulling a chair for herself.

"Right. So our next client has come over from London. He's looking to buy shares and also merge with AAHP. Now I know this has no concern with your job, since you're just a software engineer but I saw how you were with Chief. Maybe you can come and give out ideas in order to seal this merger and maybe handle our online platform with them, so you can make them even more comfortable with us" Sameer said flatly. He hated to admit it, but so far, even though Aman was serving in his office... alhaji's gem seemed to do her job excellently. Maybe she was a secret weapon after all. Chief had even recommended her to three other big clients but he wasn't going to tell her till she nailed his project first.

"Erm, Alright Sir. But if this doesn't involve any of my areas of expertise, then I suggest I stay back. I wouldn't want to go looking clueless. After all, I'm only a corper here and have a lot to learn" Aman said rather reluctantly. She really didn't see the need to go with Sameer.