Chapter One: The break up

*NEWLY EDITED & LIGHTLY REWRITTEN*

The Story Of Us

Chapter One

The Break Up

MIA'S POV

◾〰️◾〰️◼️〰️◼️〰️◾〰️◾

"Yes, Jess, I'll be over right after," I said to my crazy best friend over the phone.

"Mia seriously, you promised you'd come shopping with me today," Jess whined.

"And I will, right after I meet up with Adam," I told her.

"If you stand me up for that dumbass, I will never talk to you again," she told me before she hung up the phone.

That girl could be a handful sometimes, but I would never stand her up for a guy. She's my best friend, more like my sister, honestly. We grew up together. I wouldn't trade her for the world. We're all each other has.

I was on my way to the park to meet up with Adam because he asked me to meet him there. Apparently, it was important. I think he wants to talk about what we're going to do for our anniversary, which is only a few days away. It's amazing how fast two years can go by.

Once I got to the park I saw him sitting on a bench with his friend. If I remembered right, his name is Dean. I don't know much about Dean. I don't think anyone does, really... I've only really seen him around school, but I've never spoken to him before or anything. From what I've heard, he doesn't talk much to many people anyway.

People judge him because he likes to stay to himself. They also say that he's dangerous because he's been in more than a few fights... Every time I hear about one of his fights, he seemed to have had a pretty good reason to be fighting. You can't just fuck with someone and not expect them to defend themselves. Giving him a bad boy reputation because he doesn't take any shit from people seemed a little excessive to me, but whatever.

I approached Adam with a smile like usual, "Hey babe," I leaned in to kiss him.

To say that I was surprised when he avoided my kiss, would be an understatement. From the way his brows were knitted together, I knew he was annoyed about something. 

Something's wrong... He's never done that before, I thought to myself.

Dean's eyes landed on me for a moment before he stood up and said, "I'll be over there," he locked eyes with me once more and I couldn't help but notice the disturbed look that appeared on his face.

He turned his back and walked away. He stopped in an open field under a huge tree and took his shirt off, dropped to the ground and began to do push-ups and other exercises I don't recognize.

I turned my attention back to Adam, who didn't look very happy. "Adam, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly. He didn't say anything, he just stared at his shoes. "Adam," I said a little louder.

He finally looked up at me with nervous eyes and sighed, "Mia, sit down."

"Okay," I sat down next to him, "What's up?"