Chapter 33

*DEAN'S POV*
*Picture of Miguel*

"Thank God its Friday" Mia sighed.

"Ugh I know! We've had test in every class today! These teachers are trying to kill me!" Jess dramatically said.

"I know.. Anyway we have two days away from that place, so what do you wanna do today?" Mia asked as we walked up the pathway to the house.

"I don't know.. Anything"

I noticed flowers sitting in front of the door again so picked them up. "This bullshit"

"Again?" Mia asked.

We went in the house and I went straight to the kitchen to throw the flowers away... Again.

"Okay, it was kind of cute at first. Cause ya know, I thought you had a secret admirer or something.." Jess said to Mia.

Mia shrugged. "I know me to. But now.."

"But now its creepy. You've been getting flowers like everyday for the past month and a half.." Jess said. "Aren't you a little freaked out by that?"

Mia shrugged. "Of course, but if someone wanted to hurt me or something wouldn't they have done it already?"

"Who knows.. But it's pissing off. This shit better stop, and soon" I said walking upstairs to use the bathroom.

My phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Yo Dean, think you can come into the shop today?" My boss, Jim asked.

Jim was a good guy I guess. He was around my age, probably a year or two older than me. He had a girlfriend and two twin boys. He took over the family business, the shop, after his father died last year. He's a decent guy.. Never gave me any problems.

"Yea, what time?"

"Mmmm.. In the next 20 minutes to an half an hour?"

"Alright. I'll be there"

"Alright, see ya then" he hung up.

I didn't really want to spend my Friday night fixing shitty cars.. But I guess I could use the money.

I used the bathroom and changed into my work jeans. Mia walked into the room and sat down on the bed staring at me.

"Going to the shop?"

"Yea. Jim asked if I could come in" I paused. "We could use the money" then I realized what I just said. "I mean, I could use the money"

Sometimes I forget that Mi is filthy rich. She never has to work has to work a day in her life, it would be kind of pointless if she did.. I loved that she wasn't one of those flashy rich people who threw their money in people's face every chance they got. She never talked about how rich she is and when she did she would say "I'm not rich.. My parents are" Then I would tease her and say "That's only something rich people say". Then she'd get mad and I would end up sleeping on the couch.. She's cute when she's mad at me.

"Dean, you know I will help as much as I-" I cut her off.

"Mia stop" I looked at her. "I'm not taking your money"

I could never do that..

"Dean, I wanna help. If you-"

"I said no!"

She narrowed her eyes at me and shook her head.

"Fine, struggle then" She left the room slamming the door shut behind her.

I sighed frustratedly and ran a hand over my face.

"Whatever."

I finished getting dressed, grabbed my car keys and left, not saying a word to anyone.

I stopped at a red light and my phone rang again.

"What?" I answered it.

"Dean.." A man said.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"You don't remember? My feelings are hurt"

I recognize the Spanish accent and knew exactly who it was.

I sighed. "Miguel"

"Yeah!! There you go! Now you remember! That a boy"

I rolled my eyes. "How did you get my number?"

"Eh, I have my ways.."

"What do you want?"

"I'm glad you asked" he paused. "I want my money"

I narrowed my eyes at the road ahead. "What money? What talking about?"

"See, before you sent your mother went away to the crazy house, she forgot to tell you one little thing"

"Stop with the fucking suspense building and tell me what the fuck is going on"

"Okay, have it your way" I could hear him light a cigarette. "Your mother owes me 15000 dollars"

"How!?"

"Drug money.. Duh, how else?" He pulled from his cigarette. "I know it's a lot of money and since we use to be like family, ima give you two months to get it"

"Miguel!"

"See ima nice guy.. I'll take cash or a check. Doesn't matter to me"

"I'm not giving you shit! What my mother owes you is her problem! Not mine! Don't call my fucking phone demanding shit from me!"

He pulled from his cigarette. "I don't think your understanding me Dean! I want. My fucking. Money!! And your gonna give it to me!"

"I'm not giving you shit!"

"Oh yes you are.. Because if you don't, you know that little group of friends you hang out with? Including that cute girlfriend of yours, what's her name? Mia? Yea, Mia is real beautiful. I think I'll keep her around. But the rest of your friends? They will die! Do you hear me?! I want my fucking money!!"

"You son of-" he cut me off.

"Two months Dean!!" He hung up.

I threw my phone to the floor of my car and began punching the steering wheel and cursing the air.

I was parked in the back of the shop, I was a little early so I just sat in the car and tried to calm myself down.

I was fumming, and for the first time in years I was on the verge of crying. I didn't of course, but I wanted to.

I can never get a fucking break! How the fuck am I going to come up with 15000 dollars in just two months?

I was resting my head on the steering wheel when I heard a knock on my window.

It was Damon telling me to get out of the car..

I ran a hand over my face and put my game face on. If there's one thing that I'm good at its hiding my problems from people.

But I could fake like Im okay all I want.. I know I'm fucked and so are my friends.