Mini Boss 1 - Bear Warrior Bark-Bite

Start from the beginning

            The club went flying across the room. Link sent his blade across the monster’s stomach once more and he saw the skin begin to tear where his blade was beating the monstrous beast. Once more with this tactic would do it in.

            When the punch came this time, it wasn’t just from the stomach. Link leapt sideways as the monster swung one of his massive fists towards Link. It roared in a deep, bestial voice, and then charged at Link. Link retreated towards Bruce for a moment, before the creature gave up pursuit and searched for its weapon. It went faster than ever before, reaching the club in a matter of strides once it located it.

            Upon gripping the weapon, the bokoblin was bent on putting an end to Link. It charged him, swinging in front of itself with its club as it came at the green clad hero. Link dodged each attack, but there was no chance to break into the offensive, and he was wearing himself down with all the quick dodges he was making. He saw the creature slow down. It was some relief that he wasn't the only one who was exhausted. But he knew for a fact that he didn't have the strength to wield that club again.

            Soon, he found himself back to back with Bruce again. The cadet was holding his own without much trouble, his brawn doing nothing but helping with that. Link twisted his sword in his hand as the bokoblin came closer. He saw it heaving, having given up on the exhausting charge attacks.

            Still, it found the strength to raise its club over head. At the first sign of downward movement, Link nudged Bruce with his elbow and prepared to dodge.

            His plan work flawlessly, even if it hadn't been said. He and Bruce switched places, sliding into the others previous position in one quick movement. Link parried two bokoblins, and sent them tumbling back with one powerful stroke. Bruce grabbed the club with his hands, his sword and shield clattering to the floor as he gripped the huge weapon.

            Link swung wide, cutting down a huge row of bokoblins. He pivoted around, and ducked beneath the huge club, then drove his sword into the massive monster’s stomach. The bokoblin stumbled backwards, releasing its club. Bruce twisted the weapon around in his hand, turning it against the smaller minions in the arena.

            With another bear-ish roar, the bokoblin tried to make one last stand by roaring right in Link's face. But it was an ill time to lower its head. Link had sent a thrust towards its gut, only to have it drive into the monster’s head from the sudden movement. The cry stopped halfway through its normal length. Link yanked his blade out as monster collapsed in front of him.

            A huge puff of purple smoke emit into the room from where the monster died. Link coughed and waved a hand to get it out of his face, before turning to check on Bruce. With the bokoblin’s club, he seemed to be doing very well against the remaining numbers of the bokoblin crowd, now dwindling in the single digits.

            The wooden weapon fell to the floor and Bruce let out a huge breath of relief as the last bokoblin disappeared into smoke like the rest of its kind. Bruce lifted his own weapons, and sheathed them. There wasn’t a use for them at the moment, but it was obvious Bruce was glad to have them back. He said through heavy intakes, “Nice work.” Link nodded his head in thanks, silently saying the same.

            Something shimmered behind them. Link turned to face it and watched as a blue and silver chest formed in the center of the arena out of rays of light. Link walked up to the chest when it was completely formed, and lifted the lid. The inside glowed, outlining a shape in the bottom of the chest. Link reached in and pulled it out.

            “You got the slingshot. This weapon may have a small range, but its good for stunning enemies. Large pumpkin seeds work best as ammunition for this item. Seeds can be enchanted to have different properties, like poison and extended stunning.

            “You got a slingshot wallet. Carry your pellets for your slingshot in here. Slingshot wallets can be enchanted to give special properties to the seeds inside of them. This wallet can carry 30 seeds at a time.

            “You got a poison enchanted slingshot wallet. This wallet enchants your seeds with a toxin that can kill small monsters and make larger enemies take damage. Use it wisely, because this wallet can only carry five seeds at a time.

            Link held the two pouches in one hand and looked at the slingshot. It was just a small wooden toy, probably something every kid had had at one point in their life. That’s all he would have thought it was until he went to draw it back. The rope was taught and strong, designed to fire its missiles with a powerful force and high accuracy. It was not a good idea to hand this to a child.

            Bruce crossed his arms, asking, “How is that suppose to get us out of here?”

            “Why don’t you look around for something? It is a sacred item put into this temple. So this temple must have something meant for it.

            Looking around, Link spotted a large red crystal on the wall. He loaded the slingshot, and let the seed fly in a high arc. There was a high pitched TINK as the seed bounced off the jewel. The crystal dulled and the iron bars rose on the tunnel Link had come through.

            “Maybe this can be useful,” Bruce said with a hint of scepticism, and headed on to the exit.

            Link had a feeling that he knew exactly where else this could be useful. He slid the slingshot into his pouch, and headed out of the room…