blurb

Staying in my play pretend

Where the fun ain't got no end

Ooh

Can't go home alone again

Need someone to numb the pain

Ooh

Staying in my play pretend

Where the fun ain't got no end

Ooh

Can't go home alone again

Need someone to numb the pain

-

You're gone and I gotta stay

High all the time

To keep you off my mind

Ooh -ooh, ooh -ooh

High all the time

To keep you off my mind

Ooh- ooh , ooh-ooh

Spending my days locked in a haze

Trying to forget you babe

I fall back down

Gotta stay high all my life

To forget i'm missing you

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

-

I felt the tears stream down my face and my head pounding , but yet I found it hard to speak anymore. I saw him in the audience so I faked a smile to everyone. I felt like my face was molded into a frown as it was very difficult to keep a smile on my face. I knew it wasn't happy.

He knew I wasn't happy. This song I wrote was about him. Ever since we broke up, I've been on the influence of marijuana and alcohol to keep his perfection of a soul off my mind.

We went back stage as everyone was hugging each other. "Great job Chrissy! I love how you even had the emotion of the song!" my good friend Marina told me. "Thanks" I said, faking yet another smile.

Each time I smiled, I felt like I was drowning myself in lies of emotions I know I clearly wasn't feeling. You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you? She walked over to where everyone would hang out back stage. I felt myself drift off to sleep.

Later that night, I was out with a couple of my friends to a bar I would go to every other night. I took my sip of my first drink of the night; savoring the bittersweet burning sensation go down my throat. It felt good as I savored it slowly.

Drink after drink, I felt myself getting much more......mellow. It was like I would enter this world where everything was alright. No heartbreaks, no fucks given. They say you're not yourself when you're intoxicated in this gaze that makes you feel out of control, making you forget every negativity there is in your life.

The influence of drugs and alcohol triggers a part in our minds that makes everything better. I remember promising my mother when i was a young little girl that i would never ever turn into the monster I am now. I'm sorry I broke my promise, mother.

The problem was...no matter how much of the effect of alcohol and or drugs, I could never forget abut Michael. It was like the memory would escape and trap itself in my mind throughout the night. I wanted to forget him, but I knew I was still madly in love with him.

I need his embrace to make everything okay. That was all gone. Remembering it too much made me not able to contain my tears. I took my drink with me and walked over to the bathroom where I was sure i would be alone.

I settled my drink on those little coasters and tears were streaming down my face. I sobbed, being able to hear my head pounding. What made me turn into this alcoholic and drug addict?

Michael

After everything I had ever done for him, he would let me go so easily. In the beginning I thought 'Fine! I can live without you! I don't need you!' but now, its all very different. Now I wished that he would be there to wipe the tears of of my eyes, but he wasn't.

My sadness was slowly killing me inside; its only the middle of the night, Chrissy. You'll make it through.

Hopefully.

-

OH MA LAWD

My first Michael Clifford story, hope you all like it c:

This is a Mhrissy story (Michael Clifford + Chrissy Costanza) so if you don't like it, bye. So yeah, this song is based on the song Stay High by Tove Lo, and Ridin' Solo by Njomza. They both have the same type of meaning.

WARNING: May be triggering

HOPE YOU LIKEY

-nat