chapter ten- i love you

|I LOVE YOU|

|I LOVE YOU|

    THE GROUP HAD STARTED WALKING TOWARDS THE TREE WHERE THE LIGHTING HITS. "Minimal charring, it's an impressive conductor," Beetee says and Cordelia gives Johanna a face of confusion. "Let's get started," he says and they walked closer to the tree. "Typically a lightning strike contains five billion joules of energy. We don't want to be anywhere in the vicinity when this hits," he adds.

        "The two girls, go together now, take this. Unspool it carefully," he says while giving his product to Johanna and Katniss. "Make sure the entire coil is in the water. Do you understand? Then head to the tree at 2:00 sector. We'll meet you there," he says and they nod. "I'm gonna go with them as a guard," Peeta says and Beetee shakes his head. "No, no, no. You're staying here to protect me and the tree."

      "No, I need to go with her," he says and Beetee was about to say something but Cordelia cuts him off. "He can go with Katniss and Johanna-"

           "We can protect ourselves, Beetee can't even hold a knife properly," Johanna says and Katniss sighs before kissing Peeta and leaving. 

         "Where is she? Where's my girl? Where are my kids?" Finnick asks once he gets inside the ship. "She was taken, by the Capitol, your daughter is in District 13 with her grandmother and uncle," Heavensbee says and Finnick's bottom lip quivers. "Where's my son?" He asks and Haymitch looks down. "Is he- is he.."

       "No, thank god no, he was taken by Snow, somehow he knew something like this would happen," Haymitch says and Finnick's hand clenched. "Haymitch, how long did he have him?" 

       Haymitch gulped, "Right after you went in the arena," he says and Finnick let out a shaky breath. "I need to see my daughter now," he says and Katniss entered the chat. "What did you do with them?" Katniss yells as she was being held against the door. "You and a syringe against the Capitol? See this is why no one lets you make the decisions," Haymitch says and Katniss glares at Finnick.

           "What the hell are you doing here?" Katniss asks Finnick, he raises his hand. "Stop, stop, just listen," Finnick says and Haymitch started talking again. "We couldn't tell you with Snow watching, it was too risky, better for you to know nothing," he says and he lets her go. "Where's Peeta and Cordelia, where are they?"

     "Now Katniss, you have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was always to get you out. Half the tributes were in on it, this is the revolution and you are the Mockingjay, and we're on out ay to District 13 right now," Plutarch says. 

     "13?"

       "13, yes," he says while walking closer to her. "Where are they?" She repeats and Finnick looks down with his jaw clenched. "They still have their trackers in their arms. Johanna cut yours out," Haymitch says and Katniss glares at him. "Where are they?" She asks him. "In the Capitol, they have him, Cordelia, and Johanna," he whispers and Katniss starts to attack him and Plutarch knocks her out. 

      When Finnick first arrived in District 13 the first thing he looked for was Cassia. He saw a mop of blonde hair and he yells his daughter's name. A woman, Esther, picks her up, turning around to glare at Finnick before walking away faster. "Finnick!" He hears someone yell and he turns around only for him to get punched in the face by Cato. "You had one job, to protect her, and you can't even do that?" Cato sneers in his face before punches the guy over and over again.

           "I lost her, I was looking everywhere! I'm sorry," Finnick whispers but Cato glares at him, "My big sister might die because of you, her and Caspian," he sneers and Finnick tries to get him off. "You're lucky Cassia's still here, or else I would have killed you," he says and Finnick grew weaker.

         "Who knows what Snow will do to her," Cato spits out before giving one last blow and leaving him on the floor, knocked out and with a bloodied face. 

      "Daddy?" Cassia says he starts to wake up, "Baby," he breathes out before giving her a hug. "I sneaked out of grandma's room. She's mad at you," she whispers and he hugs her tighter. "I'm so sorry princess, your mom, and Casp-" she cuts them off. "They are with bad people," she whispers sadly and he nods while looking at her clean, unbruised face. "Are you going to leave me again?" She asks as her eyes filled with tears and her bottom lip quivers. 

         "Only to get them back, and I will, but for now I'll stay with you, I promise," he says and she starts to cry. "I miss them, daddy," she cries and he held in his tears. He never wants to see her cry. "Angel, they are okay, we are going to bring them back," he says and she wraps her arms around his neck and she began to sob into his neck. 

        He rubs her back and her sobs were gone, she was asleep. Finnick covers her up with the blankets he was given. "I promise," he whispers and he held securely in his arms. 

       "Mommy?" Cordelia hears behind her and she sees Caspian, "Baby," she breaths and he runs into her arms. "I'm scared," he says and she picks hugs him. "Where's your sister?" She whispers and he looks down. "I don't know," he says quietly and she hugs him. "I'm not leaving you anymore, not here," she whispers as they were pushed into President Snow's office. "After everything, I had done for you...this is how you repay me?" Snow asks and Cordelia pushes Caspian behind her.

        "What have you done for me besides ruining my life?" She asks him and he smirks, looking at her son. "I gave you money," he says and she shakes her head. "Life isn't about money, it's about relationships, with friends, family, and those we share a special connection with," she says and a tear falls out of her eyes. Cordelia covers Caspians ears. 

       "You killed my fucking dad in front of my mom, you are going to torture my friends, you took Finnick away from me and my children for almost their entire life," she sneers and he just smirks. 

        "It made you stronger, didn't it?" 

        "No, it didn't, it made my heart break, made me self-conscious, ashamed, now, why is my son here? Are you really that cruel to torture him?" She sneers and Caspian looks at his great-grandfather. "I won't torture him, but the peacekeepers will if you don't know what I ask," he says and she glares at him as she hugs her son. 

         "What do you want me to do?" 

        "Send a message."

       Cordelia and Caspian were taken to their room after she cleaned herself. They shared a bed and she runs her hand through his hair as he slept beside her. She has no choice but to do everything Snow asks, he has her weakness. "I love you," she whispers before hugging him protectively. "I love you."

         Some people believe that a weakness can be a strength, in some ways that is true, Caspian being with her pushes her to protect him at all costs. But if he gets hurt, if he dies, she will have no one for him to torture her with. No motivation, only anger, and years of pain. If Snow does that, his fate is written, he will die at her hand, and it would be the messiest and slowest death Cordelia had ever done.