chapter two- rooftop

So many bodies I've touched

Crushing around me like dust

You are the realest thing
I've never had to fake,

―I Don't Need Nobody, Ellie Goulding

|ROOFTOP|

    "SO WHAT ABOUT SWORD FIGHTING?" Finnick asks her as he continues to follow her around. He picks up a sword and he smiles at her. "Something I'm very skilled at, kid," she says and he groans. "You are only 2 years older than me," he says with a funny face and she contains a small giggle by biting her lip. "Whatever, sure, I'll fight you," she says and he smiles before getting in position.

    "Imagine the sky purple, wouldn't that be pretty?" He asks her as she hits his sword. "I think I would continue to like it blue," she responds as both of them fight and clink their swords. "I guess, have you found any allies yet? Are you joining District 1?" Finnick asks and she hits his sword out of his hand.

    "I'm going in and out solo," she says and she pushes him to the ground by accident, making him pull her down on top of him. "Shit," she says and he smiles before laughing, making her slightly laugh aswell.

    "I like that laugh," he says and she looks into his eyes.

    He has pink lips that make them seem so kissable and she had to ignore the urge to not look at them. "You have nice...skin," he tells her and she stands up and helps him up. "Nice skin? Thank you?" She says and he blushes. "You have nice skin too," she says before giving him a wink and walking away.

    "Oh my gosh," he says as he looks at her retreating figure. "I'm falling in love," the young boy mutters before getting out of the training center.

   "Hey, Cordelia," he calls out as she got out of the bathroom. "What is it Finnick?"

    "Meet me at the rooftop before dinner, don't eat," he says and he walks away before she could deny going. Finnick takes a shower before changing into more comfortable clothes. "Where are you going?" Julie-Anne asks him while crossing her arms. "Nunya," he says and she gives him a look. "What's Nunya?"

   "Nunya business, leave me alone," he says before running out of the living room.

     "Where are you going? We are about to eat," Marsha says as Cordelia walked out of her room in her shoes and comfortable outside clothes. "I'm going to get some air," she says and she walks out. "I don't like her," Xavi says and Brutus rolls his eyes. "She's better than you," he mutters and Xavi scoffs.

   "She's immature and acts like she's better than me," he says and Brutus drinks some wine. "Oh yeah? What were you doing all of today? Talking to Jolie-Anne Mase in the bathroom, the enemy, about what? Sex?" He says and Xavi turns red.

    "How did you know?" Xavi asks, making Marsha dramatically gasp. "Kid, we have ears everywhere," he says hinting that he knows where a certain flower is at.

     "A picnic? Up here? Aren't you the romantic," Cordelia tells Finnick as she sits next to him on a blanket with food at the center of it. "Anything for my girl," he says before giving her a wink and she groans in annoyance. "We literally just started talking this morning," she says and Finnick notices the little freckles she had on her neck and how she smelled so...tropical, it reminded him of home.

    "Yeah well, you're going to be," he says and she looked at him. "I'm going to kill you in two days, Finnick. If not me then someone else, we can't be anything in these games," she says and he grabs her hand.

    "Then let me enjoy the little time I have with you," he whispers and she slightly smiles before looking down.

     "Want some tea? I have some sugar cubes and milk," he says and she grabs a sugar cube before popping it into her mouth. "D-did you just eat a sugar cube?" He asks her and she gives him a look. "My mother used to cook during the holidays, I would sneak by her when I was younger and I ate sugar cubes, why not?" Cordelia says and she offers one to him. "They are good by themselves, trust me," she assures him and he takes it.

    "So?" She says after he ate the cube. "That was the best thing ever," he tells her and Cordelia laughs. "How is District 4?" Cordelia asks him and Finnick coughs on some tea. "Very beautiful has the best seafood ever. The sunsets were amazing too, the people are kind and gentle. The place does get foggy though," he says and she notices him getting sad.

     "If we were in better circumstances I would bring you there," he tells her and she gives him a tight smile. "I wish I could see it," she says and she places her hand on his.

    "What about your District? The amazing District 2, " he says the last words sarcastically and she places her hand on her lap. "Loud, very festive and cheerful, the people are very judgemental and sarcastic, I suppose I am like that too," she says with a slight chuckle.

    "But my family was always well supported. Well cared for, I have both my parents and a little brother, 9-years-old and severely spoiled by many people including me. Broke my heart leaving them behind," she whispers out the last bit.

     "Do you want to dance?" He asks as a moment of silence passed them. "Never been good at dancing," she admits as he stands up. "Neither have I," he says and she smiles as he offered his hand. "There isn't any music," she says and he gave her a smile. "We don't need some." Cordelia takes his hand and he lifts her up. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

    He was told to get close to her, to become allies, but with the little time he spent with her, he can't help but want more. They danced, they shared laughs, they ate sugar cubes; he wanted her. She was something more than a tribute, more than a career, more than a rich girl. Cordelia Hadley was something worth his while because that was all he had...a while.