chapter one - the capital

I do not own the pictures or videos

All my dreams, full of my regret

I keep hearing what my mother said

Eyes are open, all I see is red,

―Supernova, Ansel Elgort

|THE CAPITAL|

"YOU ARE QUITE THE BEAUTY," a woman chirps behind Cordelia, which made her turn around. "You are?" She asks and the woman laughs. "I'm Essie Trinket, I'm going to make you look beautiful," Essie says and she forced Cordelia to stand next to her. "Pink, oh pink goes perfect with your skin!" She exclaims as she pulls out multiple dresses. "What am I thinking? A spiritual flamingo? A sunset sky? A dying fire? Oh!" She yells and Cordelia looks at her with confusion.

"My innocent flower!" She sighs out happily. "A pretty...Cordelia!" Essie says and Cordelia rolls her eyes. "Just don't make me look ugly," she grumbles as she let Essie take care of her.

After endless hours, Essie had made Cordelia exactly what she wanted, an innocent flower. Cordelia's hair was set in curls and she had expensive jewelry, all she needed was a crown to make her look like a queen.

  "Well, how is it?" Essie asks nervously and Cordelia slightly smiles

"Well, how is it?" Essie asks nervously and Cordelia slightly smiles. "It's perfect Ess, thank you," she says and Essie claps her hand. "When everyone sees you they will instantly fall in love!"

"Cordelia, it's almost time!" Brutus calls out and she walks towards him.

Cordelia stands by Xavi as Brutus and Marsha talk about making a good entrance. "Xavi, act cocky, act bold, act brave- be brave!" Marsha tells him and Cordelia rolls her eyes and she looked to the other side of the room where they met someone else. Finnick Odair, the charm- golden boy- of District 4. "'Delia, are you listening? This is a big deal!" Marsha exclaims and Cordelia rolls her eyes. "Forgive me, Marsha, what do you want me to act as?"

"Play the innocent card," she says and Cordelia rolls her eyes.

"Who is that?" Finnick Odair asks his mentor, Mags Flanagan. "District 2's sweetheart, Cordelia Hadley, I met her once, through Brutus, her mentor, lovely girl," his stylist tells him but Finnick noticed her turning and their eyes met. "She looks lovely," Finnick confesses and Mags smiles as she pats his back. "Starcrossed! That should be your plan!" His other stylist says and Finnick ignored the urge to roll his eyes. "You should get close to her, could spark rumors and that means sponsors!" He says and Finnick looks back to Cordelia, who was getting into her and the boys' chariot.

"Not a bad idea, only if you want Finn," Mags signs out and Finnick admired the girl from afar. "I'll try."

"Here they come! Starting off with District 1, Thomas Greyheart and Eliza Payne!" Caesar Flickerman announces making everyone go wild. "From District 2, Xavi Rosier and Cordelia Hadley, what a flower! Where have they been hiding her?" Caesar asks no one but more people started to clap at the very pretty girl. Caeser announces the other tributes and all of them gathered together as President Snow made an announcement on the 65th Hunger Games.

"Did you see Cordelia Hadley? Lovely looks like a gem! What's in District 2 water, am I right folks?" Caesar asks the people and they clap as he and his friend talked about her more.

Jolie-Anne Mase and Finnick Odair had joined both tributes from District 2 in the elevator. "Press number 4," Mase tells Finnick and he did as told. "Y-you looked pretty out there today," he says and Jolie-Anne blushes. "Thank you," she says and Finnick shakes his head. "I was talking to Cordelia Hadley," he said and Cordelia rolls her eyes. "You don't have to tell me what I already know," she says and he smirks.

"Well, aren't you going to give me a compliment back?" He asks and she scoffs. "I'm not a liar," she mutters and they reached the 4th floor. "Buh-bye," she sings and both tributes from District 4 got out. "She's feisty," he says as the elevator door closes. "And trouble," Jolie-Anne mutters before going towards her room.

Finnick went to his room, thinking of a certain blonde. She was hot, everyone knew she was hot. Cordelia Hadley looked like she had quick temper, she looked witty, she looked smart, this makes Finnick want to get to know her very very much. "Thinking of a certain bitch?" Jolie-Anne asks her partner and he stands up from the couch. "She doesn't seem like a bitch," the 14-year-old says and Jolie-Anne rolls her eyes. "She's a career, they are known to be brats but still win every game," she says as she sits down.

Finnick serves himself some water, "Not every game, Mase, and just because she's a career doesn't mean she's a bitch," he tells the 15-year-old before drinking his water. "Whatever, I will win it," she says and she crosses her arms before leaving the room. Finnick stuck out his tongue before shaking his head. "Bitch."

"Today you will make a lot of allies, usually we stick with District 1 but they are looking very suspicious. I don't expect you two are going to be buddies so make friends with the others," Brutus says and both Xavi and Cordelia nod.

"Don't get in my way," Xavi says and she scoffs. "Don't get in mine," she sneers before going towards the dagger section. "Daggers, small but deadly, am I right?" She hears someone say and she turns around to face the annoying Finnick Odair.

"Can I help you?" She asks before turning back to the dummies, each dagger hitting the middle of the chest. "How about some hand to hand combat? Unless you can't do that," he says and she scoffs before throwing the rest of the daggers with one hand, all hitting the head of one dummy.

"I can do a lot more than just throwing daggers and shade," she says and he smirks before looking at her up and down. "I want to see what else you can do," he says and his eyes stop at her breasts. She gives him a tight smile before walking up to him and kneeing him in the stomach. "Perv," she tells him before walking away to the sword station.

"Ouch," he breathes out as he falls to the floor in pain.