chapter eight- water

|WATER|

|WATER|

         THEY WERE WALKING AROUND, LOOKING FOR FOOD AND LOOKING FOR WATER. "The careers aren't that bad," Coredelua says and Finnick gives her a look. "That's because you were raised with them," he said and she hums. "But I don't act like one," she tells him and he looks at her while fluttering his eyes. "But you always act like a bitch, isn't that their go-to personality?"

       "Not funny," she mutters and he giggles. "But it looks hot on you, I love it when you go bitchy mode," he says while looking straight ahead. "You always say that," she said while jumping over a rock. 

       "Hold on," Katniss says before she climbs a tree, "Back to what I was saying, you're hot," Finnick adds and she scoffs. "Can you guys just kiss already? I'm tired of waiting," Peeta says Finnick smirks at his girl. "Well I'm ready when you are," he says before puckering his lips and closing his eyes, making Peeta chuckle. "Dweebs," she sneers at both boys before walking closer to the tree. 

          "The force field, it's a dome, we're at the edge of the arena, we couldn't find any times of freshwater," Katniss says and Finnick gets up. "It's gonna get dark soon, we'll be safe will our backs protected. We should set up camp," he says before looking at Cordelia, "Take turns sleeping I can take first watch," he says and Katniss laughs. "Not a chance," she says. 

        "Honey, that thing I did back there for Peeta? That's called 'saving his life'. If I wanted to kill either of you, I would've done it by now. If 'Delia wanted to kill all of us, she would have done it the second she got her weapons."

         "I'm saying I don't trust you, I never said I didn't trust her," she says and Cordelia smirks. "How about you get some rest, I'll take the first watch," Katniss says and Peeta looks at her. "Just for a little bit," he says and she nods. Katniss sits down and the adult sits beside her. "I know Finnick can get annoying and cocky but you can trust him," she says and Katniss hasn't said anything.

        "You love him, don't you? But you feel like you don't deserve him," Cordelia says and Katniss looks at her. "How'd you know?" Cordelia sighs before looking straight at Finnick. "That's exactly how I feel."

        "Eight," Katniss says after the pictures of the tributes were shown in the sky. Suddenly something lightly touched the ground. Katniss was eager to open it. "Drink up?" She says as she picks up the weird looking object. 

      "What is it?" Finnick asks, "I think it's a spile," she says and she gets up. "A what?" He asks before she starts nailing it on the tree. They waited to see what would happen and Finnick looks at it in surprise. 

     "You're kidding me. You're kidding me," Finnick says and Cordelia smiles at Katniss drink some waters, then letting everyone have a turn. "Let's give Mags water," Cordelia says and she hands him a big leaf. After Mags drank some water, Cordelia was free to get a drink, some of the water had leaked from her mouth as she began to take in as much water as she can. 

        "Cordelia, baby, clean up after yourself, you're giving me flashbacks," he says with a smirk and she flips him off. "Pig," she says before walking past him, shoving his shoulder before she walks away. Cordelia was sleeping when she heard 12 loud noises then when she finally woke up she saw the lighting hitting the same tree a couple of times. 

     "Well, if you're not gonna sleep, I will," he says and Katniss nods. "Okay," she says and he walks away. 

          Cordelia knew Katniss was going to sleep so she decided to stay up with her. "You should rest," 'Delia tells the 17-year-old and Katniss shakes her head. "I can do this," she says and Cordelia gave her a small smile. Both Katniss heard something to the right of them and fog was headed their way. Katniss reached out to it and she instantly yells. "Run! Run! The fog is poison!" She yells and Cordelia helps her up. 

         "Let's go," Cordelia yells and Finnick was quick to get Mags. The fog was coming from everywhere and Finnick was touched by it and he fell. "C'mon Mags, come on," he says and he takes the both of them towards Peeta and Katniss who fell. "I can't carry him," Katniss says and Cordelia gulps. "Together?" 

      Mags touches Finnick's shoulder before giving him a kind smile and going into the fog. Cordelia closes her eyes as she heard the cannon. "Mags? Mags? Mags!" He yells and Cordelia touches his arms. "We need to go," she says annd Katniss agrees. "We need to get out of here," Katniss says and Finnick nods. 

      The four of them had their backs touched by the fog and they fell down the hill, all shivering from pain. The fog went away and Katniss dipped her hand in the water, scrubbing away what the poison fog had left her. "The water, the water helps," she says and all but Finnick went inside. "He's the worst one," Cordelia says and Katniss gives her a sympathetic look before helping her take Finnick inside. 

      "We need our weapons," Katniss says and Cordelia nods. 

        "I'm sorry about Mags, I know how important she was to you," Cordelia says and Finnick clenches his jaw. "She was never going to make it. So..." he says and she looks at the water and he looks at something behind her. "Kat," 'Delia whispers and the three of them slowly stand up as monkeys surrounded them. 

       "Peeta?" Katniss calls and he looks at her. "Come over here slowly," she says and he looks around before listening. Cordelia brought out her daggers as more started to appear. "Get to the beach," she says but they blocked the path. One was about to jump on Katniss' back but Peeta killed it, igniting the attack. 

      The four of them fought against them and as one of 'em jumped on Finnick, Cordelia was quick to stab it. "We have to get to the beach!" Peeta yells and they made a run for it. A morphling jumped to save Peeta, she sacrificed herself for him.