Chapter Nine- Good-Bye

-Chapter Nine-

-Dani-

We were all ready to move out when I gazed at the city.

"Ed... Um... If we don't see each other again..." I turned pink and looked at him. He raised an eyebrow.

"Dani, aren't you following us?" He frowned.

I shook my head, "I have some scores to settle with Bradley. I'm going to see what I can do to help in the city."

He sighed and nodded, "Just be careful."

I nodded and looked away. He was about to turn away when I tackled him into a hug. I pressed my lips flat against his and pulled away quickly.

"I'll be fine, just promise you and Al both come back with your original bodies." I ordered breathlessly.

He had red cheeks as he nodded, "Promise. Don't get killed. Tell me what that was for when this is over."

I nodded and kissed him once more before letting go. I was about to turn away this time when he grasped my hand. Automail against Automail. He pulled me close and was the one to kiss me this time. For a little longer.

"Tell me what that was for when this is over." I breathed as he let go of me.

He nodded with a smile and I took off towards the city.

--------------------------

I dropped down beside Mustang who jumped.

"Good to see you too." I laughed.

He glared, "Good to see you too, WhiteShadows. A little helping hand would be nice."

"Good boy, all you had to do was ask." I grinned and transformed my staff into a sniper rifle.

I caught most soldiers in the shoulder or leg, nothing fatal.

"What the hell?! They have WhiteShadows! No fair!" One soldier yelled as he caught sight of me.

I grumbled as my hood got in the way again, "I'm done with this thing."

I pushed my hood backwards and began firing once more. I caught the men until Mustang pulled me back and fired off an explosion.

"Good work, but do you want to be seen?" He asked.

I smirked, "I've been hiding long enough. The people should know who their heroes are."

He huffed as I transmuted my gun back into my staff. I flipped my hair back and we continued fighting. Soon enough we (Mustang, Riza, and I) made our way to the third labritory. Oh the memories.

I grabbed my staff and got prepared to change it when Mustang threw some flames into the air. I smiled at Ed who had a shocked look on his face.

"Need some help, Ed?" I laughed.

He smiled only seeing the minor cuts on my face and arms. Ed and Mustang chatted as I began fighting again. I swung my sword at the monster's heads and it flew across the room. I fought hard but it ended when Ed pulled me back from a giant dragon of flames. He didn't let go as he stared at Mustang.

"They were the enimies, it had to be done."

I nodded and took a shaky breath. Ed's arm was wrapped securely around me as if he never wanted to let go.

"You can let go now..." I murmured.

Ed let go of my waist, but he kept a grip on my hand. We stood there for a moment before May came running in.