During childhood, I used to run away whenever someone lied to me. The first time was when my mother told me my pet rabbit ran away. But in reality, Zack, who had recently shifted, ate him. I was eight years old then. I returned home after a few hours when Zack found me and apologised by giving me another rabbit.

The next time was when I was sixteen years old and father refused to let me tag along with Zack by saying he was 'sick' and needed someone to manage the pack while Zack was away. This time I didn't retun home for the entire day. Upon locating me, they found another thing with me. My power of resistance. Throughout the day, I was able to block my father, a.k.a the Alpha, from my mind. This came as a shock to my parent, as not even the Luna can block the Alpha. When they asked how I did it, I gave them a simple answer - I disconnected from the world.

Using what I practiced throughout the years of running away, I tried to resist my father and ignore the exruciating pain rooted deep inside of head until the rest of the world became detached.

Was it right of me to leave admist such confusion? Should I give them time to explain? Would it be worth it?

No, Vivian. You cannot be marked. Concentrate.

That's when I felt it. A sudden change in the environment. The leaves rustled on the trees behind me. It couldn't be Ethan, could it? My senses focused on the crunching of the leaves that followed soon after. A dark silhouette walked out of the shadows. Brown eyes.

It was Tyler, dressed in plain, black shorts which means he just shifted.

He crossed his arms, tilted his head and gave me a smile.

"Hiya, Bluff. Fancy meeting you here."

Amongst all the pain, a smile broke upon my face and before I knew it, my legs were heading towards him.

We both met midway in the form of a hug. His hands rubbed against my back, providing comfort I desperately needed.

"I am so tired, Tyler. I can't find my way out of this stupid forest and I cannot rest since I am being chased," I muttered against his chest.

"I got you, don't worry." He grabbed me by the arms and pulled me away so he could look me in the eyes. "I have covered your tracks which would buy us some time, a trick a specific Alpha-blooded female taught me."

I smiled, "She must be smart."

"I don't know. But she surely thinks she is."

I punched his shoulder and he let out a laugh.

"But you still need to leave. He is an Alpha, the wolf is in control. It is merely a matter of time he finds what is happening."

I moved a few steps back when another chain of intense pain began to hammer against my brain. I let out an anguished scream, and clawed at my hair to ease it.

"What's wrong?"

"Alpha...," another tiny scream, "trying to mind-link." It was difficult to speak a proper sentence since I had my entire focus on putting a strong wall between my Alpha and I.

When the pain subsided, I stood up straight again.

"Sorry Vivian, I can't help you with the mind-link. But here, I brought you some clothes."

He picked up a bag from the side. I never noticed he had brought one with him.

"Wear them and it will mask your scent. The humans live just by the end of the river. If you want to go for a shortcut, you can choose to swim but that just defeats the purpose of these clothes so I advise you to take the long way. This way you won't get wet either." He took out the clothes and handed them to me.