35 | A Night to Remember

Start from the beginning

"What about Sir Nicholas? He's been a bit off lately and when I visited him at his home, he wasn't there. Not even his servant. They aren't there. Do you think he bails? Or something more sinister is at foot?"

"He's the member of the council. Of course, he bails on us. He doesn't want anyone to know about his illegal activity but you and your brother are way better than him. He can't hide forever. Find him ... destroy him ... okay, Freida?" Freida smirk.

"Of course, my emperor. By the way, regarding your request yesterday, I've finally found what you were looking for. May I ask you a question?" Alvia nods her head.

"Why go through the trouble to find something so rare and expensive? Why not just pick the most beautiful one in the royal garden? They're rare flowers as well. Although it's not that hard to find a Juliet Rose but still, why?" Alvia smiled.

"Because my future wife is different than anyone I've ever met and she deserves to have something as rare as Juliet Rose. Don't you feel the same for your boyfriend, Freida?" Freida scoffs.

"If only he's as romantic as you, your highness," Alvia laughs.

"It's not that bad, right?"

"Oh, it is that bad. His idea of romantic dates were the movies and roadside hotdog stand. I don't particularly hate it but sometimes a woman needs to be pampered," Freida was about to leave when she remembers something crucial.

"Oh, your highness. The chateaux are almost complete and it seems like your father and mother in law has picked their desire furniture for their new house as well. Should we proceed," Alvia looks up to her advisor with a smile.

"Yes. That's perfect. Please keep it as a secret from the duchess. Okay?" Freida nods and walks out from the office. Alvia sigh while rubbing her eyes as she looks at the piles of work in front of her.

She was so indulged in her work that she didn't realise that it's almost 3 pm. Alvia only realised it when she heard grumbling sound coming from her stomach.

"This is so unhealthy. I should tell the maids to prepare my food sooner," as soon as she said that, she heard a knock from the door before it reveals Kathryn with a tray of refreshment.

"They said you didn't come down to lunch. I took the liberty to cook you something since I have the time," Alvia was surprised.

"What did you make?"

"Have you ever tried homemade Korean cuisine?" Alvia's eyes lighten up.

"Did you made Korean food from scratch?" Kathryn chuckles at how excited she is.

"I made jjolbokki from scratch, yeah. It's the easiest also I was told it's your favourite," Alvia was speechless when Kathryn removes her work from her desk and place the bowl of steaming noodle in front of her.

"Have you eaten?" Kathryn nod.

"I had lunch with your mother earlier. I think we just designed my wedding dress. And the best thing is, you have to wait until the big day for you to see how magnificent it looks," Kathryn chuckles.

Alvia's eyes widen her she takes the first taste of the noodle. Kathryn laughs when Alvia takes another bite before she even swallows.

"Please don't choke. I still need you," Alvia chuckles while she chews and swallows.

"Please ... please make more Korean cuisine for me," Kathryn takes a seat on the chair.

"Lucky for you that I am half Korean,"

"Who doesn't know how to use chopsticks," Alvia almost choke on her food when the former empress waltz into her office.

"Mommy! You shouldn't say that to her," Alvia swallows hard before she faces her fiancée.

"You called my mother mommy? And what's with this vibe you two resonating? What's up? What happened while I was busy in here?" Alvia asked.

"I realised that you two had ... well ... bonded. So I thought it's time for me to treat her like a daughter of mine. And since she saw you in your ... another state, I guess she knows that you like to be called ... as female reference. This is hard for me, Alvia. Please don't make me say it all," Alvia chuckles.

"Thank you ... mom," The former empress raised an eyebrow.

"Thanking me for treating your future wife like family? Alvia, you should know by now that anyone who makes you happy, makes us happy too. Now, once you're done, your father wants to see you in person. He wants to ask you about the dissolution of the council members. They came to see him earlier at our private villa. And you know how your father hates it when people disturbing his peace," Alvia sighs.

"I have to explain to him huh?" The former empress shrugged her shoulder.

"If you want to know my real thoughts on things, thank God you decided to let go of everyone. This empire needs someone who has the same ideology as you, my emperor. The empire needs to have a future and I don't see any if that old farts still in reign. So, good job!" Alvia laughs.

"I'm serious here. Good job," the former empress suddenly turns to Kathryn.

"Now that I found you, come with me. We have a lot to do today," The former empress literally drag Kathryn out from Alvia's office.