Chapter 32

"I feel like a baby deer..."
I muttered lowly.

The duvet was pushed back and I swung my legs over the side of the bed slowly, letting them dangle loosely before trying to stand on my feet. My legs wobbled and shook while I hobbled along to the bathroom. Yuji was already awake and busied himself with small tasks around the suite. I inhaled sharply when my foot touched the carpeted floor. He rushed to my side quickly, wrapped an arm around my waist tightly so I wouldn't slip from his grasp, and slid the sliding door open with the other. I cursed when we reached the bathroom because almost missed the toilet bowl but Yuji caught me, sitting me on the seat properly.

The first day he helped me into the bathroom, I was mortified. Of course he had seen everything before but I wanted my bathroom habits kept to myself. Peeing wasn't the issue. It was when I felt the tightness in my stomach that I knew I would just die of complete embarrassment. The thought of holding it had crossed my mind but Yuji gave me a deathly look as if reading my mind. I refused to look him in the eye that day but now I was used to it. Yuji turned away while I did my business and I bit my lip to keep from crying out in pain. Something had definitely been torn during our lovemaking...  I felt some relief when the full feeling left my bladder. The sting eventually dulled down to a slight ache and I replayed all of the events of the past seventy hours.

After the hurting Yuji put on my body, I was bedridden for three or four days. Yumiro was at the door the very next day with a knowing look in his eyes. Apparently, Yuji had torn me a bit and I had moderate swelling around my inner labia. Yumiro asked me to wipe with a clean tissue and I panicked when I saw blood. I had never seen Yuji's face get red but my husband was a tomato that day. Yumiro gave me a pelvic exam and I winced when he pressed down. Yumiro's eyes shot to Yuji and he sighed, motioning for Yuji to follow him into the next room. Yumiro bowed to us both, congratulated us on our union and left. Yuji locked the door behind him and placed the doctor's note inside on the bedside table. Yuji informed me that it was a prescription for a healing balm and pain reliever. We were authorized not to have any sexual intercourse for a week; two weeks if the bleeding and swelling didn't subside within the first week.

However, the suite had a surprise of its own. The sliding door I had been curious about on our wedding night was pushed open to reveal a large spa area. Their was a medium sized tub, equipped with an array of warmth settings and essential oils centered in the room. After hours of soaking in it, plenty of sweet smelling Epsom salts, and a few full body messages from Yuji, my body had limbered up. There were some things the water couldn't help though: I walked with a slight limp. A noticeable limp.

Yuji had mauled me like an animal and had done nothing but apologize for the past two days. If he left my side, he would not remain absent for longer than five minutes. He bowed at my feet, saying sorry for the hundredth time before I threatened to divorce him if he didn't stop. It was obviously in a joking manner but I caught a look of genuine fright in his eyes. To my delight, Yuji kept me entertained with stories from his youth and I was able to FaceTime call my mother twice. I made up an excuse for laying in bed all day but my mother gave me the side eye when she called Yuji over.

"How am I supposed to spend time with my baby when you keep blowing her back out? You're not too old to catch a whooping. I expect to see her in two days time... If not, I'll find that little suite y'all are in."
She told him.

Warmth was already creeping up Yuji's neck and settling in his cheeks.
He bowed in the direction of the phone and moved out of her sight quickly.

"Mom, don't...!"
I sputtered.

She fixed me with her signature no nonsense look and laughed.

"Take a nice hot bath. It helps. I love you and I'll see you in two days!"
She sang happily and ended the call.

Yuji was currently sitting quietly at the table that sat on the other side of the room.

"Come next to me."
I called out to him and he walked over silently, placing a kiss on my forehead. He placed himself on the pool's level edge behind me and dangled both legs on either side of my body. It looked like I was sitting between his legs and I smiled, watching him submerge his feet in the water. His toe ring shimmered underneath the steamy currents and ran my finger along the whooping crane that started on the top of his left foot and wrapped around his calf. Yuji's eyebrow rose slightly and he leaned forward, pausing for a moment before playing with wet hairs on the back of my neck.

"Is this weird for you?"
I asked, looking up at him.

Yuji gave me a confused look.
"Is what weird?"

I tilted my head to the side and sank a little lower into the water.
"Being affectionate like this... the forehead kisses and holding my hand..."

Yuji leaned back on his hands and hummed.
"It is different... Before you, I never kissed women on the mouth even when I was intimate with them. Kissing is personal. A kiss is never just a kiss.. But we have done more than kiss. You are my wife. It is not weird.. I..." he paused, testing the word out before smiling down at me softly.

"I love you Maggie..."
He finished.

I couldn't stop the soft smile that spread across my face or the hurried beating of my heart.
"When did you know?"

"I don't know when it happened.. but it did. It may have been the day I kicked Daigo's ass or the day I found you in the kitchen holding that dead rabbit. You are special to me... I want to protect you... I love you Maggie. You are my greatest treasure and I will make you proud. Proud to have me as your husband... or I will die trying..!"

He added before getting to his feet and excusing himself.

Yuji was already on the other side of the room when I called out to him again, halting his stride.

"I love you, Yuji. Please take care of me."
I added with a cute face.

Yuji blusher and he walked at a quickened pace, sliding the door shut quickly behind himself.

Silence washed around me as I enjoyed my soak.

This was the second time I had seen this side of him.
This was the second time I had witnessed Yuji Takahashi, a Yakuza gangster, embarrassed.

*************************************************

Hey, Hey ❤️

Was the update worth the wait?

I hope that everyone is doing well, mentally and physically.

As always,
Thank you for reading, commenting and voting.

I appreciate it all

_Maddie 🌸❤️