Chapter 22

[Mature Content Ahead]

I swatted at him as if he were little more than a fly and turned back to the bar... This might have been his country and all, but I wasn't one to be pushed around.

The anxiety I had when I first entered the upscale bar hours earlier diminished after my second drink compliments of my date for the night.

The tangerine orange dress Yuji bought me had all eyes on me with it's slit up the side, open back and risqué length. The dress covered most of my thighs but stopped an inch or two above the knee. I didn't go crazy with my makeup and just opted for eyeshadow, mascara and peach lip gloss.

Everything had been going so well until Yuji decided to include himself. The nice man I was dancing with was knocked aside and he hopped up quickly but as soon as Yuji took his jacket off and rolled up his sleeves, the hard look on his face was replaced with fear as his eyes took in all the tattoos. My date shook his head and threw me a look before scurrying off.

Yuji didn't look surprised and when he tried to drape the jacket around my shoulders, I threw my drink on him.

Now here he was..

Standing behind me with his hands in the pockets of dark wash jeans, refusing to leave me alone. Demanding that we go home..

"I was supposed to be granted one wish without question. You're not very good at this, Yuji. Leave me alone... I want to enjoy my night.."
I huffed.

"I'm only going to tell you one more time, Maggie... Let's go. I'm not angry.. the car is outside.. I will make that thing you like to eat..."
He spoke, calmly.

A few women whispered amongst themselves, throwing nervous looks in our direction but I wasn't afraid.

"No. I want to finish my drink... go away. Just come back and get me before it closes.. I'm not moving from this stool!"
I proclaimed.

I heard footsteps and assumed that he'd given me the space I craved but it was short lived. The chair I'm sitting in is turned around and Yuji is standing before me with a smile on his face. A genuine smile that makes my heart rate quicken.

My stomach clenches involuntarily.
Something didn't feel right about the way he was smiling at me.

I don't like this smile.. I don't like it at all.

Yuji brushes my hair behind my ear, whispering something in his native tongue before his strong arms wrapped around my torso and I was lifted from the bar stool. The bartender glanced in our direction but went back to what he was doing immediately. He wouldn't have helped me anyways.

The women across the bar all gasp collectively.

I shrieked in surprise and kicked my feet defiantly which must have angered him because he stiffened and threw me over his shoulder. The smell of his cologne hit my nose and I pounded my fists on his back, embarrassed and angry.

"Put me down, Yuji!!! Now!!!" I seethed. Warmth was creeping up my neck which could only mean that my face was turning red.

Yuji didn't respond, he just continued to walk. My anger only increased and I screamed, kicking my feet so frantically that the buckle on one of my heels broke. A man's cry of pain gave me an indication of where my shoe had landed.

A hard blow came down on my exposed backside and I whimpered. I was immediately upset with myself for enjoying it.

"You bastard!" I cried out.

Yuji power walked us through open sliding doors that shut as soon as we passed through.
"Now you'll pay..."

I tugged at his shirt and wiggled in an attempt to free myself until I noticed how dimly lit the room was.