Someone new

*Please note throughout the Prologue and Part One (year one) there are some chapters that may or may not be from the original Author and Book; Twins: A Different Life By Jessiikaa15, on Fanfiction.net.*

Tom Marvolo Riddle was very happy as he looked at his new body in awe. After 10 years as something less than a spirit, he had finally returned to a corporal form and it was down to an eleven year old child. He looked in to the mirror and smirked, the elixir had returned him to his prime and his old looks, meddling with so much dark magic had twisted his appearance and mind, in to something even he was horrified look at. NOW though, now he was back to himself, around his mid-thirties if he were to hasten a guess.

He flexed his fingers and rolled his shoulders, it was good to be back. There was much to do and in little time but for now he wanted to think; Harry Potter, was an enigma. The boy had raised so many questions in his mind that it was alarming, Harry had been the child he had gone into save when he had heard the prophecy, the boys magic was there in quantities and yet he had handed him the Philosophers Stone. 

There was much more to the boy than on the surface and his hate to Dumbledore was shown, but what got to the Dark Lord was the boy himself, the way his mind worked, even at such a young age, was something to be admired. He had worked out who he was when Dumbledore remained oblivious, he had worked out what he was after and he had approached him all from a name he hadn't been associated with in years; it was mind blowing. The boy was also, somehow, the Slytherin Heir, which in itself raised questions. The Potters were in no way related to his line so how the boy could wear the ring was anyone's guess. When Harry had asked to speak with him that day in the classroom, Tom could honestly say he was shocked, the boy was bold but he had obviously thought the whole thing through. And the boys magic; it was everywhere. 

The magic wasn't just running wild, no, he had tight control over it all and used it to his needs, it was like an extended limb and in all of his life he had never seen anyone so young control their magic like Harry. 

The Dark Lord walked through his father's manor at a sedate pace, he hated his father and had believed him to be a common muggle, again he was surprised by an eleven year old boy when he had laid his father's true linage down. The manor had been restored but it wouldn't do, he was moving to Slytherin castle at the quickest convenience and he had plans to lay out.

The first thing on that list was catching up with the latest happenings in the world starting with the latest paper. He sat down to read and his eyebrows rose further and further up his head and he felt his notorious temper stir, Potter's Twin had tried to kill Harry and Dumbledore was blocking everything, the old fool was always sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. He was looking forward to destroying the old fool once and for all.

Besides that, Harry was an Heir, the only Heir to the Slytherin line, however unexplained, he wore the ring and that was enough. He doubted the older Potter would let this go and Lucius was backing him meaning something was going to happen soon.

The next paper made him smirk, the finale match of Quidditch at Hogwarts, Slytherin vs Hufflepuff, was something he wanted to see for himself, it was public like always and he had every intention of going, he would be unrecognizable if he glamoured the eyes. His eyes had stayed resolutely red, a bright crimson, but they gave him a certain edge and he actually liked them. It would also give him an opportunity to see the wizarding world and the old school, and be the perfect opportunity to begin everything. 

Tom Marvolo Riddle was very happy and he had plans to change everything.

*~*

James, Sirius, Harry, the Malfoys, Severus and Theo were sat in the Potion Master's quarters in silence, with the events that had occurred, no one had anything to say. It was all unbelievable to them, accept for the trio of course who were expecting it, after 10 years of nothing, not even a whisper, the Dark Lord was active once more.

"How?" Lucius finally asked, "How had he returned to us now?"

"We will have to wait and see," Snape said quietly.

"What will happen now?" Sirius wondered and they shook their heads. 

"Until he calls for us, we do not know."

 "You seem almost disappointed," Harry pointed out dryly and they whipped around to glare at him.

 "Never," Lucius stated venomously, "Having the Dark Lord return to us is the greatest blessing." Harry smirked.

"Just as long as you're still loyal, I don't think he would be please you were not."

"You don't know him." 

Harry merely raised an eyebrow.

"Besides, I am sure he will inform you of his great return when he calls, it's a rather shocking story. I hope he doesn't wait until the summer for a meeting." Harry mused and he was getting looks of shocked disbelief from everyone except Draco and Theo, who was shaking their heads at their friend's antics.

"How would you know anything about his return and why would you want a meeting with him?" Severus asked slowly and Harry returned to an innocent look.

"Huh, well it was a guess and anyone would want to talk to the Dark Lord." Harry cast a tempus, "Oh look at that, curfew, come on." He grabbed the two and they vanished and the adults looked at the door.

"It's not possible he actually had something to do with it, is there?" Lucius questioned and no one knew how to answer.

In their dorms, Harry was grinning like an idiot. "I can't believe it's happened already." He said to his best friends.

"Neither can I, I still remember when you told us what you were planning." Draco agreed and then shook his head.

"Is the day we confirmed you were crazy ." Harry laughed.

"I know I'm going to have another meeting with him, he wants questions answered and I get to play with the Philosophers' Stone." 

"There we go, mental." 

*Hey all happy February, a reader of mine who follows this story mentioned on trying to get four chapters out ever Saturday. So here is two, one for today and one for last week. Sorry about that homework took over my weekend. Have a good week! Thanks for the reads, hope you enjoyed!*