Worst Mistake To Make

*Please note throughout the Prologue and Part One (year one) there are some chapters that may or may not be from the original Author and Book; Twins: A Different Life By Jessiikaa15, on Fanfiction.net.*

Harry was lead deathly still and pale as a ghost, the only indication that he was even still alive was the glowing ball of green light indicating his stable life force. Remus released a pained whine and went over to the bed jolting Sirius and James into moving slowly over. James shakily reached to picked up Harry's hand; it was cold.

"I need - I..." He couldn't seem to find the words to speak, his mind couldn't process what was happening.

"It was touch and go," Narcissa admitted quietly, "I did everything I could, but somethings were so severe..."

"Honestly, it can't be that bad. He only fell." Dumbledore 'whispered' and before anyone could react, there was a resounding slap as Narcissa's hand connected with Dumbledore's cheek.

"You, loathsome creature." She hissed, making a recoil as the sheer hatred in her voice. "Don't you dare stand there when my nephew is lying on the brink of death. Don't you dare stand there and insinuate that this is anything less serious to get the Golden child off the hook. He only fell. Next time you only fall, I expect you to also have your spine broken in three places, the back of your skull shattered, your ribs splinter and have two embed themselves in your lungs, filling them with your own blood so you're drowning and there is nothing you can do about it because nearly every other bone in your body is fractured, broken or chipped. Next time you only fall you better pray to Lady Magic herself that you gain the same injuries or so help me Merlin I will give you them myself."

During her speech, which had risen in volume and anger, she had the alarmed Dumbledore in to the wall and was nearly nose to nose with him.

Her magic had flared in her anger, rippling in warning and reminding everyone though she may be the epitome of Pureblood, she was born of the House of Black.

Behind her, both Sirius and Draco had gained a greenish tinge around their faces, while James and Remus had gone a greyish white colour both looking at Harry as if physically wounded. Narcissa, once she felt she had glared Dumbledore in to utter silence, turned and walked back to her husband, gently rubbing the boy's backs from where they sat.

"You may leave now, gentlemen. Take the child with you." Narcissa informed them coldly, not sparing them a look, obviously expecting her words to be followed.

When will we know?" Remus asked quietly, gently stroking his cub's dark hair.

"It depends, tonight is crucial but he will still be in danger for at least a week." Narcissa sighed and Remus nodded, Sirius swallowed hard; they were in for a long night.

"I must go to my Snakes," Severus murmured, "They will be restless."

"I'll come with you," Draco and Theo nodded in agreeance, Draco's voice surprisingly calm.

"Are you sure?" Lucius wondered and Draco looked him straight in the eye.

"Slytherins take care of their own." Lucius nodded, a proud look in his eye and allowed the two to leave with his close friend. The three of them walked in silence down to the dungeons and straight to the Slytherin House rooms.

Every member of Slytherin was in the common room and the noise was most unusual for the normally reserved House, and it was obvious all of them were furious. As soon as they caught sight of their Head of House silence blanketed the room, all of them righting themselves and giving him their full attention in a sign of respect.

"Today, one of our own was attacked and put in to the hospital wing," Severus said, his voice perfectly even. The Slytherins seemed to hiss at the reminder, sharing dark looks before focusing back on their Head.