Marches Games

Harry was sat still at Slytherin table on the morning of his first Quidditch game; Slytherin v's Ravenclaw. He hadn't eaten anything and was silent; Draco raised his eyebrow at his friend.

"You aren't nervous, are you?" The blond asked with a wry grin.

"No." Harry answered a bit too quickly.

"Harry, you are amazing on a broom! You shocked Flint speechless." Theo said slowly and Harry grinned.

"I am pretty amazing arn't I?" He agreed, shaking off his pre-game nerves and digging in to his breakfast. It wasn't too long before Flint called them down to the changing rooms, and Harry got to his feet.

"Good luck," Draco said and Harry smirked.

"I got this."

In the changing room Flint was pacing infront of the assembled team, a look of grim determination on his face.

"We want a quick game." He declared. "Potter, watch out for the batters, who will be targeting you, they have a wicked aim and make a horribly good team. Pucey, Warrington and I will concentrate on scoring and Montague don't let the girls distract you from protecting those rings or so help me you will regret it." The crowds were piling up out there; Harry took hold of his broom to calm his nerves and remembered Draco's earlier words; he was amazing on a broom. 

"It's time," The team walked out stoicly to the announcers call.

"Here come the Slytherin team: Captain Flint, Montague, Percy, Warrington, Bole, Derrick and a new addition this year, first year Harry Potter!" They were screams and cheers from the Slytherins and Ravenclaws whilst boo's from the Lions and some braver Puffs. "For the Ravenclaw team we have Captin Davis, Doyle, Chang, Cole, Bletchley, Higgs, and Bell!"

Harry saw the Ravens come out. Madam Hooch, the Quidditch referee, stepped on to the pitch and released the bludgers followed by the snitch, taking hold of the quaffle.

"Mount your brooms." She called clearly. Harry climbed on to his broom locking eyes with their seeker.

"I want a nice clean game, from all of you." Even with the last part of her sentence, she still looked towards the Snakes. She blew her whistle and threw up the quaffle, 14 people rose up in to the air as the game began.

Harry flew off, darting between the players as he flew higher, eyes flicking everywhere for the elusive snitch. He dodged a speeding bludger aimed at him from one of the Ravenclaws, and shot off.

He started sweep in and out of the players, becoming a nuisance for the three Raven's , and cheekily winking when he caused Johnson to drop the quaffle again. An hour in to the game and the score was 120-60 to Ravenclaw and Harry still hadn't seen the snitch, he was circling the game, upping his tatics to disrupt the Ravenclaws plays when he spotted the snitch scraping the grass by the Slytherin goal post. He was closer but their seeker was lower down so he would have to go all out, she hadn't spotted it yet so he casually made his way to directly above the golden ball and dived. He shot down like a rocket drawing gasps from the crowd.

"The male Potter looks like he has spotted the snitch, he is in a spectacular dive!" Lee Jordan's voice rang out, the seeker was on his tail but Harry kept up the break neck speed. Just when he was about to hit the ground he pulled up and leveled out so he was grazing the grass, She also had leveled out a bit above him so he had the advantage and used it by snatching the snitch out of the air, he lept of his broom with his fist in the air grinning like a crazy person.

"210-120 Slytherin win." The Snakes went wild and the team hoisted Harry up in the air, rhythmic stamping echoed around the pitch followed by loud hissing. Harry saw the other team group together and in stride both team congratulated on a good game.