The Start Of The Year

*Please note throughout the Prologue and Part One (year one) there are some chapters that may or may not be from the original Author and Book; Twins: A Different Life By Jessiikaa15, on Fanfiction.net.*

Harry found his name on the first years plaque on the first door in as per custom. All the first year boys were inside and on a bed leaving only one free, Harry moved over to the bed nearest the fake window, unshrinking his trunk with a wave of his hand and snapping his fingers to pull out his night wear. He still slept in the blue tunic he had stolen from Godric over black sleep trousers he had bought when he went shopping, so he vanishing in to the bathroom to prepare for bed, unaware of the stunned looks he received from his dorm mates.

"Did anyone else see that?" Theo was the first to ask, breaking their silence.

"He used wandless magic," Blaise confirmed.

"He doesn't like to use his wand, apparently." Draco told them, "I heard so on the train from his twin."

"He doesn't like to use it?" Blaise repeated, "So he just doesn't? Wandless magic is almost impossible."

"I couldn't tell you." Draco admitted, "Before the summer when I first saw him in Madam Malkins, I didn't even know he existed."

Harry emerged from the bathroom changed, dropping down on to his bed with a muted sigh.

"I'm surprised to see you back, Dumbledore..." Draco trailed off, not needing to say exactly what Harry's experience might be. Harry flashed him a grin.

"The hat refused to put me anywhere else so they had to leave me here." Harry told him, very pleased.

"I bet Dumbledore loved that." Theo muttered and Harry looked over at him with a smirk.

"I would say he was delighted, it was really emphasized when he shouted at Julius."

They shared a laugh at that and Harry leaned back against his headboard. "Do any of you have an aversion to snakes?"

They all shook their heads and Harry nodded, moving Spero from his arm on to his bedpost, casting a warming charm on the whole frame for her comfort.

"You have a pet snake?" Blaise exclaimed, "Is that safe."

"Spero is harmless," Harry assured, and them he tilted his head, "Unless you all decide to attack me. Then I make no promises."

They seemed to accept his word for now, casting a cautious eye on the serpent before continuing their own nightly rituals. Harry got under the covers and closed his hangings for the night, he felt a hundred times better than he had since he had returned to his own world and, that night, he fell asleep easily, looking forward to the coming school year.

It was going to be fun.

Harry was awake, dressed and on his second book by the time the rest of the boys even stirred, he was used to getting up early and it was only on a rare occasion he stayed in bed. Harry had his school bag packed with all his lesson books and his chosen extras ready to go, he knew there was a strong possibility he was going to be bored in class, but Merlin had told him it enabled him to do other things with his time.

He would be able to gain connections, work on separate projects and try and sort through the whole dark and light issues in the current time. He cast a tempus and rose to his feet, it was approaching the time where the prefects would be leading them up to the Great Hall so Harry went back in to the dorm to tell Spero not to get caught and to make sure the rest of the boys were up and at least getting ready. Slytherin was a united front after all.

"How in Merlin's are you ready already?" Draco exclaimed.

"I've been reading for like 2 hours." Harry said with a shrug, "Now if you want to eat hurry up." Harry stroked Spero before leaving the scurrying pre-teens in favor for his books.