The Lost

Good morning beautiful, he told himself as if it would make it less miserable. James Potter made his way to the kitchen for his cup of coffee before Evangeline came running down demanding for breakfast.

Then came the pounding "Daddy when is my letter coming?" Evangeline asked.

"I said a week darling." James told her for the hundredth time.

"I want it now I need to go shopping for that new necklace and a new cloak." she demanded,

"You just got new ones a few days ago." James informed her.

"But daddy! I an the Girls-Who-Lives and the Heiress to the Potter line!" She complained, James hated that his daughter turned into this, it was all the treating, she got with Dumbledore, and other adults, they treated her like a princes. Now she is snobby, expects everything to be handed to her, James didn't like how she acted in public with the cameras she even loved it, the only time she ever remembers her mum and brother is either by a question from the reporters or if she wanted something badly. Ever since that night, James felt lost his boy the only one who got Lily's green eyes. What if he wanted liked to read like his mum or likes to fly on a broom. Would he even be better or the same as Evangeline?

So many dreams of hopes that Harry would've turned out to be. The owl came flying in holding a letter, it landed right in front of his daughter. He would have been excited to see both of the opening the letter and his wife standing by.  But one look at Evangeline, he felt like he failed Lily in raising her. 

"Okay get dressed and we will go to Diagon Alley with your friends." James told her who then jumped out of her chair screaming about a perfect outfit for the crowed 

"Oh Lily, I don't know what to do with her" he mumbled to air.

Soon the two were joined but the whole Weasley family at least the ones going to Hogwarts this year. They were nice and all but Ron and Ginny with their mother are always rapped around Evangeline, actually enjoying the crowd or fans if you will.

They made it to each shop, people are every where they stop and look. Some even ask for her autograph or picture. She glowed with the attention. James, is like usual there and yet not, paying for things he told her no to but didn't want to make a scene so bought them anyways. 

Towards lunch all that was left was the school robes, the full group made their way soon, Molly Weasley and her husband, took their children to get some food seeing that they didn't hold a lot of money with 5 kids still in the house. James in the mix of everything looked over, there was a pull that something needed his attention. 

Slowly stepping up he turned his head, he stopped dead in his tracks. There staring back at him, were bright emerald green eyes. They were a match to Lily's , but how? They were of a boy with messy black hair no glasses. Could it be?

James was going crazy is this real, reluctantly looking back to his daughter, who was calling for his attention. He quickly just said yes and looked back but there was no one there. 

For the rest of the day emotions spiked up in James, hope, love, pain, bit of his sanity gone. He had just seen his son, the one that was dead. They one he berried in an empty casket. He could only hope it was him. Maybe he would go to Hogwarts.  

Being the Dueling teacher he may see him. If it was all true, "James dear?" Molly said.

"Yes?" He answered looking up.

"Are you alright? You don't look so good?"

"Molly dear I am fine just lost a bit. You know...."he trailed off years latter he is still grieving trying to be their for Evangeline but it was too difficult.

"We're all done with shopping how about I take Eva home with me. I am sure Ginny and them would have some fun." She offered, James nodded "some sleep would do you good."

"Yes thank you Molly I'll get her in the morning" He grabbed to new added bags and shrunk them.

"She is an angel, I would love to help out." Molly said, James said his good-bye to Evangeline and told her she  was staying with them for a sleepover at the Weasley's house. She was fine with it didn't really care for more attention on her father. He left back at the cottage, plopped on the couch and stared. 

For hours he stared there, thinking. He did though make some hot coco the kind lily would make when she was confused. 

It was well into the night, the quiet manor stood tall, James was going through photos, with tears falling. A knock sounded at the door. James wasn't expecting guests expressly at this hour. 

He walked over to the door, opened it up, the sight almost mad his heart stop. A boy stood, hesitant at the door. The messy black hair, and bright green eyes much like Lily's. The boy tried to hold his emotions in but James could tell he was nervous. 

There was nothing being said, he stared at the boy, his mouth opening and closing but nothing came out. He Knew this was his Harry. 

Not knowing how this was possible that he was still alive and right in front of him. He fell to his knees taking in the small boy "Harry" he said the foreign word rolling off his tongue. He fell to the floor, on his knees. He dreamt of this for ever, he lifted his hand and ran it over Harry's head, the dark black locks under his fingers, convincing the boy was really here and it was true. His little boy was standing in front of him.

Harry looked into his fathers eyes, the soft brown with gold flacks, tears pooling in his eyes. His green eyes were also feeling with tears, dropping all manners for seeing his father for the first time.  

Harry moved closer just as James pulled him into an embrace. He wrapped his arms around the small boy, holding him tight against his chest. It was a feeling neither one of then would ever forget, like the bliss one would feel if an old torturous wound was suddenly healed completely.  

James didn't realized it until latter but he was crying, harder than he had at the funeral, tears fell from his tightly shut eyelids as he held his little boy once again. He felt the child shudder against him and his soft sobs reached his ears. James realized that Harry has wrapped in his arms around him too, gripping at his shirt, afraid to let go. He tightened his grip, crying freely now as he murmured Harry's name. 

Ten long years, James had not spoken Harry's name, mentioned but not brought the name to his lips. Slowly, James stood up picking up the sobbing child and went to the living room. 

He sat down on the couch, lost for wards, his son isn't dead. His son his Harry was here. Questions flew around his head as he held onto the boy. Tears stained both their faces as they stayed in silence over the long years apart. 

For once after ten years, James wasn't lost, he felt like he was found.