Unfavored Outcomes

Tensions were high in the castle as the Quidditch final approached. It was Slytherin v Gryffindor and the whole castle was waiting for it, since it had come out that Gryffindor had managed to match the Slytherin House on points it had been decided that they would be the beraker which one goes to the final match. Harry had been practicing like crazy and he could be seen perfecting some of the deadliest moves seen on a broom. He was determined to beat the Lions no matter what the cost. 

James Potter and Sirius were at heads, it was between who could win obviously rooting on Harry even though Evangelina was playing the other team. Harry was also putting more in to his studies, he was at the top but he always did extra, especially in Potions for his mastery. He had been working with Draco and Theo too, the trio now made the top in the class and they intended it to stay that way for the remainder of the year. 

Because of the match, there had been more people in the hospital wing than all year, each house was trying to injure the opposition; mainly the seekers and both Evangeline and Harry could be seen with guards to watch their backs just in case. 

Unfortunately for the Gryffindors, the Slytherins were cunning and sly and, because of this, many of the Gryffindor team had been hit with a variation of hexes; the only ones not hit were the twins because no one was stupid to have the twins after them. On the day of the match, the Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall with massive applause from the Lions and Puffs and boos from the snakes, of course not to be outdone by the opposing team, the Slytherins entered with style. With a burst of black flames from Harry, the Snakes, clad in green and silver, stepped in as one and walked towards their table, the applause echoed and Harry smirked as their house got to their feet in support. 

There were bets flying around the room during breakfast and the anticipation was growing in alarming rates until Flint couldn't take it and ordered them to the changing rooms, "Pull off something amazing." Draw said with a smirk which Harry returned. 

"How else is it done in Slytherin?" He nodded to his dad, Remus who came to visit and Sirius plus one to Snape before following his team out. 

"Right, this is the breaker and we will win." Flint told them in the changing room, he was pacing and giving them all the eye. "We have beaten the kittens before and you can damn well believe I expect you to do it again." 

"You know we will win, Marc. Have you seen Harry training? He got some serious moves." Pucey assured him and the team murmured in agreement. 

"I have and if you don't get that snitch you can say goodbye to your place on this team, do the impossible." Flint ordered him in a growl. 

"The snitch is mine." Harry agreed with a sharp nod. 

They could hear the crowd outside filling the stands and blanked their faces. Harry gripped his broom and took a deep breath as they walked out to the cheers when they were announced and faced Gryffindor as Madam Hooch stepped up. "Captains shake hands." She ordered and Harry saw Wood's hand go white as Flint crushed it. Giving the other Captain credit, none of the pain or discomfort was shown on his face and he seemed to give as good as he got. "Mount your brooms." She instructed and as they climbed on the bludgers were released with the snitch. She picked up the quaffle, eying them all carefully, and threw it in to the air. 

"AND THE GAME BEGINS." Lee Jordan was commentating again and Johnson snatched the quaffle. Harry rose above the game and immediately began searching for the elusive golden ball, knowing that he had to catch it fast. The twins were marking him expertly and he had to swerve and dodge multiple bludgers, he flashed them a grin and dived out of their strike range, swooping through the other players and the bludger which would have hit him slammed in to Spinet knocking her off course. Fred gave him a clap and Harry mock bowed just in time as a Bludger sailed past his head coming from a grinning George. Harry shook his head and flew off. 

The game got dirty very quickly, each time a point was scored it was matched by the other team and both were resorting to numerous fouls to gain the one up. It was gruelling as much as it was thrilling, and Harry had a great time performing all kinds of stunts to make sure all bludgers directed at him ended up hitting the other other team and making sure their plays were disrupted. 

Harry saw the snitch and dived. All three chasers flew directly at him making him lose sight of the snitch and giving him no options apart from a collision or jump, he picked up speed and pulled the same move as he did in the first flying lesson; he jumped. Leaping off his broom and over Katie Bell's head to land on his broom the other side, he smirked at their astonished faces and sped off. 

The score was 150 -170 to Slytherin but there was no end in sight after two hours so Flint called for a time out and they all flew down. "This is pathetic, get your act together. I don't care if you knock the bastards out of the air." Flint snarled. "Potter, get that damn snitch soon and Warrington, if you let in another goal I will put you in the hospital wing myself." They all nodded and kicked off again, determined to do better. 

The Snakes came back with a vengeance and in the next five minutes they had scored 8 goals. The Lions, furious at losing, started to pull more awful fouls: Wood threw the quaffie at Pucey's head, Johnson aimed a shot to the ribs at Flint, but the worse was Spinet grabbing a bat from one of the twins and whacking a bludger at Jugson, hitting him right in the groin. Every male who saw it winced and Jugson dropped like a rock, the poor teen had tears in his eyes as he knelt on the pitch and Flint, who was fuming over the foul, missed the penalty. 

Out of the corner of his eye Harry spotted a flash of gold and shot off, Evangeline had already seen it so he was playing catch up which was never a good thing but he wouldn't let her beat him so he flattened his body to the handle and picked up speed. Two bludgers flew at him and he rolled in the air to miss them, his focus unwavering.

Harry finally caught up with Evangeline when the snitch changed course and shot up, Harry was better accustom to the move and shot up straight away whereas Rose lagged a bit giving Harry an advantage. They followed the golden ball higher until it leveled out and they chased it, Evangeline swerved in front of him and had her arm out to catch the snitch but Harry jumped again and snatched it right out of her hand before it closed. 

He was about to land on his broom when Evangeline sped up and forcefully slammed in to his side, Harry felt a rib crack and hissed, he went to grab his broom but Evangeline kicked it out of his reach and he fell. People screamed as Harry plummeted through the air from well over 50ft, Harry's mind, in a moment of absolute horror, went completely blank and by the time the thought of using his control over the air actually registered it was much too late, he slammed in to the ground and felt white hot pain flare over his entire body before everything went black. 

Even from the stands the sickening crack that was Harry's body hitting the floor was heard and he didn't move. The commotion that erupted in the stadium was like nothing ever seen before, the Slytherin side of the stands were screaming in outrage and the team itself were in two halves; some went to Harry while the others went for Evangeline in a rage. She flew off, only just missing the bludgers sent after her and the quaffle Flint had launched at her head, she managed to get back to the ground and hide behind her team, who had rushed down to at least not have the Snakes kill her. Everyone saw the huge black Grim bolting on to the pitch as a ghostly white Remus and James followed, and a somewhat green Malfoy Heir and Nott Heir.

"He has a pulse," Sirius gasped, catching a very feint one.