"So.." The new girl sat up flipping her blonde hair, "You are dating my brother?"

Evelyn scrutinized her eyes, "Excuse me? Who are you?" Evelyn asked.

"You're quite slow in the brain. But I don't think we have been properly introduced." The girl said sitting the same way.

"I am Mallory Stewart." She said. "And you are lucky. I already know who you are."

Evelyn blinked a few times. Mallory Stewart. Evelyn had seen her photo, that was why she looked familiar. But she looked so different now. With her blonde hair straightened and with bangs, her face looked thinner, her cheek bones were sharper. She looked like someone who held themselves higher than anyone else. There was a pride in her eyes and she was looking at Evelyn like she was an insect she can squish whenever she liked.

Evelyn didn't like her look. She wouldn't even bother her at all. She had many better things to do.

But then, she was Mallory Stewart, Mason's sister, who had been away for almost two years from here because she was caught taking drugs.

Speaking of Mason, where is he?

As Evelyn's seat was already taken,with her head held high, she stepped out of the row and found a seat beside the window, without even acknowledging Mallory any further. People like Mallory loved attention, Evelyn won't even bother giving her any.

Mr. Pete entered the class after a few minutes. The class started right away. Mallory groaned loudly. Mr. Pete gave her a look. But she acted like she didn't bother.

"Can I come in, Sir?" Evelyn turned to the door right away. Mason looked startled. His eyes were red, his hair was dishevelled, he didn't look he had even shaved. He looked stressed. Evelyn sneaked a peek at Mallory. Mallory was talking with a girl sitting beside her.

"You are late, Mr. Stewart." Mr.Pete said. Mason apologized and he was in.

Mason spotted Evelyn right away. Thankfully there was a seat empty beside hers.

Evelyn was so tempted to ask him what was happening but Mr. Pete's eyes were everywhere. Evelyn could feel the tension in the whole classroom. Mason and Mallory in the same classroom had made the class more silent than Mr. Pete could ever wished for. It felt like everyone was holding there breathe and waiting for something to happen.

The class passed away. None of the siblings acknowledged other. As soon as Mr.Pete was out, Mason marched down the classroom, Evelyn had to run behind him.

"What happened?" Evelyn asked and Mason didn't answer. Evelyn stepped in front of him, dragged him by his wrist to an empty classroom.

Mason was covering his face with his palm, his eyebrows were drawn together, his jaw was set and a deep frown were etched across his face.

There was so many questions bubbling inside Evelyn, she didn't know which one to ask first. Looking at Mason, she decided to push it all down for now. He didn't need to be inquired about it. He was already too stressed.

"Sorry I couldn't come to pick you up for school." Mason said wiping his eyes. "I kinda fell asleep."

"You don't look like you have slept at all," Evelyn commented.

Mason didn't reply. "Couldn't trust my own sister. I guess you have already seen her."

Evelyn nodded affirmatively. She waited for Mason to say something.

Mason's face was turning red. Evelyn had seen the look on his face when he beat Alex. It wasn't good. Mason was losing control.

"She comes home after two years and the first thing she does is sneak out in the middle of the night to meet with her drug dealer boyfriend." Mason's hand was tight in a fist.