Just Friends

It was finally the weekend and I was looking forward to having no appointments today.  I looked to my side to see Mark had already gone to work without saying goodbye, not that it surprised me. Mark and I have been in a bit of an awkward hiccup about what happened a couple of days ago. He apologized and even brought me roses that night but I think the guilt was getting to him. He was a sensitive guy and I know he was beating himself up more than he deserved. I sighed as I got up from the bed and stretched out my limbs. I head to the restroom and got ready for the day. As I'm brushing my teeth I get a notification on my phone, I walk by my nightstand and unlock it. 

New message from: Kjelly (:

-You coming to The Center today Greeny?

I grin as I read the cringy yet funny nickname he gave me. I reply back to him and change into comfortable clothing and tye my hair up before putting on a hat. My phone vibrates and I reach for it to see a new message from Felix. 

-Cool, I'll see you later on then. What are you doing right now?

To: Kjelly (:

-I'm about to go on a run with my dog. I'll text you when I'm done (: 

New message from: Kjelly (:

-Have fun and be safe (:

I call for Max and soon hear the pitter-patter of his little paws. He tilts his head to the side as he follows me to the front. I get the leash and see him start to waggle his tail in excitement. 

"You wanna go outside?" As soon as the last word comes out he sprints into zoomies around the room. I laugh at how adorable he was and try to calm him down. I hook his collar to the leash and lock the door before we started running towards the park. 

After running for fifteen minutes we had made it to the park.On my run over I had this strange feeling as if we were being watched. Which didn't make sense since no one had been following us. There really was no one around except for a man in a black shirt. They were too far away to make out so I didn't pay much attention to him. 

 As we walked around the big park I still felt eyes watching us, we had run around the park twice and couldn't shake the feeling of something following us. I sit down to catch my breath as Max drinks out of the small fountain for dogs. I felt a hand behind my shoulder and scream before clawing at the hand. 

"Fuck." I turn around to see Felix clutching his hand. 

"Jesus Felix you scared me." I say as I clutched my chest and let out a sigh of relief. "Oh my god I'm so sorry, is your hand okay?" I grab his hand and look to see I had left red marks from my nails. 

"It's okay I'm fine. It doesn't hurt anymore." Felix tried to reassure me and we walked to the fountain next to the bench. I press the button and put his hands in the water, it probably wasn't doing much but I didn't have anything else to help. Felix watched me as I tried soothing the red marks, I cleared my throat before speaking. 

"What are you doing here?" He wipes off the excess water from his hand before reaching for my hat and swiping it away. He starts laughing as I had imagined my hair was a big sweaty mess since it was in the hat. I flick him off making him laugh even more as he put on my hat. He looked good in a hat. 

"Im stalking you of course." He says with a playful tone making me snort."No, I live around there." He points his finger towards the big houses near the park before dropping his arm to his side."I was taking a stroll to clear my head. My world doesn't revolve around you Greeny." I childishly stick my tongue out at him as he shakes his head with a smile. Max started to wag his tail and Felix bent down to pet him, I open my mouth in shock.